Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1949-1951 Mercury Coupe Doors, Roof, Quarter Sections

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by rustynewyorker, May 29, 2014.

1. City: Syracuse

State: New York
    Price: 1800
    A '51 Merc coupe turned up in a you pull yard a couple years ago so I bought what I could:

Doors - need lower edges redone, bottoms aren't bad, just lower 2" or so of skins are rotty; no interior panels, glass broken; hinges cut on body side

Roof - complete, minor dings, no rot

Quarters - lower part was entirely rotted out, I didn't have to cut anything down there to pull them off the car. Cut roughly in line with trunk opening. Includes lower B-post.

Also includes rear vent window frames, windshield inner frame, door trim, quarter trim (cut) and package shelf and lower roof (cut in middle).

You have to come pick it up, there's no way to ship this. That said, I may be able to deliver up to 200 miles or so for the cost of gas plus $20. Will fit in a long bed pickup or on a small trailer. Too big for Greyhound, does not fit on a pallet, so don't ask.

$1800 or best offer. Located in Syracuse, NY except the roof is still in Utica.

There's enough here to fix a bad chop, un-chop a car entirely, or convert a 4-door into a coupe. I will not separate the doors unless someone only needs the roof and buys it first. The roof is useless for a sedan to coupe conversion without doors.

Pictures on request.

Really shocked I still own this, something that should have sold within a few weeks of my pulling it off; have had a lot of people flake out or expect to buy it for next to nothing - I'll just scrap it all before I give it away.

2. THERE ARE NO OTHER PARTS! THE CAR IS LONG GONE!