Register now to get rid of these ads!

1948 Olds 2DR Sedan Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by citcapp, Sep 16, 2009.

1. citcapp

citcapp
    from Bothell WA

Rather new here but this is my build. Bought the car in Bartelsville OK last November and trailed it home to Bothell, WA last November. (Note bought through the HAMB Want adds) Have been collecting parts and am now going to start constructing. This project was started by Robby who runs the local U-Haul in Bartelsville, great guy. Has mustang rack and pinion and disc brakes all around. 9" ford rear narrowed and tubbed. Body has been filled and is ready for soda blasting fill work then paint. I have a 455 ready to go to the machine shop. Have Edelbrock heads, manifold, etc. Also have a TKO-600 tranny ready to go. Now that I have collect most of the parts I will start the build this weekend and will up date on the progress. Here are a few pictures.

Attached Files:

2. sawzall

sawzall

Nice

I gotta get back to work on my olds.

3. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

What year is the 455?

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Anxiously watching this build thread...very cool.
    You think the Mustang R&P is stout enough for the heavy front end?? Just curious.

5. citcapp

citcapp
    from Bothell WA

Ice Breaker the 455 is out of a 70 Toro and the bore is in great shape

Hotrodladycrusr: Yes I believe its up to the load. With the Aluminum heads the engine is lighter then you think. I have followed you convert and you with all you adventures great read

6. citcapp

citcapp
    from Bothell WA

I also have a 57 Olds Super 88 with a built 455 I finished last year here are a couple of pictures of it

Attached Files:

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Let me know if there is anything I can help with. Between me, Tinbender and Sawzall we've got a few extra Olds pieces laying around and some insight to share. My 455 is a 1970 as well.

8. citcapp

citcapp
    from Bothell WA

Thanks for the offer Denise, I'll keep it in mind, If you ever get out to the pacific Northwest drop in, doors always open

9. that would look good painted 65 chevy evening orchid.........just kidding,cant beat those big tanks,and the Mustang two should be fine,I ran one under my 38 and my 48 sedan delivery,then again they were small blocks without alotta stuff added..........cool project

10. really sweet olds, both of them. keep posting your progress on your current build.

11. citcapp

citcapp
    from Bothell WA

Things going slow, but found my front and rear seats in Minnestoa. 660 bucks shipped lotta money but so far the only response in a long search. Want the original look so stuck with it I guess.

Got my eagle rods on flea bay the other day now its just the search for the right pistions and roller cam, rocker, top end. Then the block is off to the machine shop.

Has anyone bought one of the media blasters from Harbor freight? If so does it work ok. I need to media plast the body of the 48 to take of the light surface rust so I can shoot some primer on and start the body work.

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

That is a Sedanette fastback rather than a standard 2-door sedan you have there. Much more desireable than the regular sedans too.

13. citcapp

citcapp
    from Bothell WA

Here we go again. Its been a little over a year since I first posted this thread with the intent on getting it done. Well construction in our town took a dump just like everyplace else in the US. Had to put the project on hold. Just started back up again. Dropped the 455 off a C&D machine shop in Kirkland, WA last Thursday and while it is being built will get back on the body work. All of the floor pans are repaired all door handles and misc holes filled. smoothed off everything but the hood piece will back light it with LED. Hope to have the body parts and media blasted real soon just one more small panel to repair on the drivers door.

After the blasting what is the best primer to shoot to protect from flash rust while doing the final body prep. I will start posting pictures soon.

Thanks

14. sololobo

sololobo

Two sweet orphans, nice of your to take these under your wings and keep them keepin on. The 57 is so hip and the 48 is awesome as well. 455's forever! ~sololobo~