Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1948 Hudson Commodore for sale or trade

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by morecowbell, Mar 16, 2017.

1. morecowbell

morecowbell
    from colorado

City: Woburn

State: Massachusetts
    Price: 7500
    Well long story short, my life is changing and so is my residence. That said the Hudson will need a new home. I have an option for storage at a fair price but prefer to have the Hudson in more capable hands than mine or rotting away. I am asking $7500 or best reasonable offer. You will need a tow truck. From all the comments and criticisms I believe this is a fairly rare car being a Commodore Coupe with the 8 cylinder engine.

you can read about the car at my site: http://www.jasonmrenda.com/category/hudson/tech-for-dummies/

I bought the car a year ago and have done the following:
    - all brakes lines replaced
    - all new brake cylinders, linings etc
    - new master cyl
    - installed a 3 in lowering block on rear (bolt on, easily removed)
    - the front coils were cut about 1.5 inches
    - painted the wheels black
    - made the interior and floor "serviceable" - as in cleaned it all out of it's rats and mice poo and nesting. Added some cheap dynamat-tye stuff and a simple rug to be able to work on the floor without a tetanus shot.
    - The seats were done hastily to clean them up. A pro job it is not. But you can sit on them and not need to visit the hospital.
    - Made some temp door panels out of luann and marine vinyl. You may like them or hate them - they are easily removed and stock panels are available.
    - The only real rust area is on the pass door lower. A better fab person than I may be able to save it. Or if possible find a coupe door to replace it which is what I was going to do.

The original 8 cylinder engine has been pulled and is awaiting a poss rebuild. I have already cleaned out the lower dipper tray and filled it with oil. I have a new coil, starter solenoid, etc that will come with the car. It does turn over and all cylinders now have compression. The distributor will need to have the new points installed.

-The stock radiator has been recored.
    -The generator has been professionally converted to a 12v type.
    -The original trans is attached and is stuck from sitting for 50 years. It may also possibly need a rebuild. At the least it will need the cork to be unstuck.
    -The original exhaust pipe is shot and a goner.
    - I am including a new 12 circuit wiring harnes (NOT a factory repro harness)
    - Will need at least 2 new tires if not all 4.

I have a running 1971 chevy 250 6 banger with a T5 from an 81 s10 married to it that can be included at the asking price. If the chevy/t5 is not wanted we can work something out. The engine is currently set in the bay with engine mounts tacked in place. Same for trans. Have not ordered a new driveshaft as of yet.

My whole idea was to go for a hot rod while keeping the ability to go back to stock at some point should anyone desire to. I have current NH paperwork for the car.

I would also trade for a Harley or a running hot rod. I cannot have a project car at my new residence.

Please feel free to contact with any questions. Most of the photos below are from Mr. Harley Freedman and are the ones I was sent from the prior owner. I just want to give Mr. Freedman the credit for the pics (you can see his pics on VintageHudson.com). Again please visit my project log to get as much info as I have and additional pics.

Thank you.

7.jpg rear.jpg 48_front2.jpg dashboard.jpg front_clean.jpg front_clean2.jpg
    . 7.jpg rear.jpg

Racer29, Wurger and Are You Okay ? like this.