Register now to get rid of these ads!

1948 Ford F1 front spindle????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Itchy, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Itchy

Itchy

In the process of putting a Mustang II under a 48 Ford F1, and before I toss any good parts, was wondering if the spindles assembly will work on a early style Ford axle (or aftermarket, like a Super Bell). I was told that the truck spindles are different than the cars. And that they are truck specific. Is this true?
    Thanks, Keith.

2. The front brakes are desirable. The spindles will fit the 28-48 axles. Several recent threads here about that. In reality, the right (passenger side) spindle is more desirable because it looks better and a pair of them can be used to make a set. Search the classifieds to see what a set of brakes sell for. I would ask $45-50 for a passenger side spindle in good condition.

3. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

I'm going to be running a right and left.
    I'll just cut off the extended draglink arm and make a slingshot arm off the upper backing plate bolts.
    The shortened stock left arm will still have a visible nut on the bottom from the original bolt in steering arm...but thats Ok...mechanical bits are interesting.

If I were selling yours I'd offer both for sale and let the buyer decide what they want to do.
    The tierod would sell too.
    Do you have the drum brakes as well???
    How about the shock brackets???
    Steering box and column???
    Springs???
    Wheels???

SOMEONE somewhere needs it all or some of it.

Your gonna be a regular in the Classified section! LOL :D

4. Also center cross member and pedals if you decide to use something different.

5. Itchy

Itchy

Thanks guys. I planned on keeping the peices from the conversion for a Model A project, when the F1 is done. Just didnt want to ditch the pieces if I can use them.
    It will be nice not having to search for the shock towers, brakes, and misc. pieces for the build.