Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1948 Diamond T pickup tow truck project journal.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Thats so cool towing the caravan. If you get bored burning up your local highways, throw the lot on a boat, and come on down under. Give yourselves a year off, and see New Zealand and Australia from the road. You deserve it after this effort.

2. 416Ford

416Ford

Looks great Brian. You taking it to Yankyee springs this weekend? If so, I may stop by and say hi. We will be driving the Ford.

3. What a great job - great looking rig going down the road, that's for sure. My hat's off to you on a job well done and I hope to see it in person some day .... miles of smiles to ya!

4. 64Fairlane408

64Fairlane408
    from Katy, Tx

Great looking Truck... Excellent job on it.

5. tjmercury

tjmercury

Great job, the truck looks AWESOME!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

Congrats Brian !I too am looking forward to the T Bird project!

7. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

I got passed by a 201 pickup on I-80 in Des Moines this week. It had stock wheels and axles. I'm guessing it had a different power plant and overdrive by the east at which it passed me doing 70 mph.

It was beautiful and inspiring to see it on the road. It had a wooden box built in the original picup bed and Ontario license plates.

8. The Antique Truck Historical Society (ATHS) is having their yearly convention and show in Yakama Washington this week. By the pictures I've seen there are at least 3 201s there.
    Brian, 16 mpg is pretty good for mileage towing a trailer, even if it is a Spartan.
    Sunny skies and dry roads, I've got a few years before the Autocar is on the road.

9. bkvail

bkvail

Where have you seen pics? We are going to the ATHS show in Yakima tomorrow :)

10. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

As promised, here are some pics of the Diamond T and Spartan. Getting ready for the Lincoln Highway Tour next week to Kearny, NB. Oh boy, Nebraska in late June/early July!

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. Sorry I didn't see this post sooner, here is a thread that has links to many pictures.

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/Topic27734.aspx

12. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Very cool indeed! Thats what makes all the hard work, skinned knuckles, stacks of receipts and late nights worth it. Congrats and I hope you have a trouble free cruising summer.

13. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Just got back from our cross-country thrash in the Diamond T, pulling the Spartan on the Lincoln Hwy. tour with the TCT. The performed FLAWLESSLY, although I will admit A/C would have been a good addition. If only there was room...

We had a great time, and HUGE props to Mayor Dennis for inviting us for a visit to his shop. WOW. It made for a fun road trip within a road trip, well worth the drive from Kearny.

Here a couple teaser shots, LOTS more pics and stories at my blog, just click on the link in the signature line.

Now, to clean the bugs off the windshield...

Brian

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

I'm sure you can get a/c in somehow. I've seen some very creative compressor mounts, including above the driver side cylinder head.

15. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

The Diamond T this morning on our street. I hope we don't get much more snow before Autorama, and the trip to Detroit pulling the Tini-Home camper.

Brian

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and Gojeep like this.
  16. flyboy89

flyboy89
    from So. Cal.

Congrats. Truck looks great. Nice work.

17. Great pics Brian :)

18. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Wow. I can't believe I did all this...

kidcampbell71 and lilmann like this.
  19. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Brian, somehow I missed this first time around - you are a true craftsman. What a deluxe combo ...

flynbrian48 likes this.