Register now to get rid of these ads!

1948 chevy fleetline help !!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thecrazed(k)666, Nov 18, 2010.

1. thecrazed(k)666

thecrazed(k)666

WORKING ON A 48 FLEETLINE TRUNK FLOOR...noticed the REAR BRACE is preety rotted and should be replaced ....HAVE CALLED ALL THE BIG SHEETMETAL PLACES EMS ...CHEVY OF 40S and they say they dont carry it !!!! ANY CHANCE SOME ONE OUT THERE KNOWS OF SOME ONE THAT REPOPS IT ????? PLEASE HELP

2. henry29

henry29

3. henry29

henry29

Well that definitely isn't it, No idea why that came up when I searched 1948.

4. Have you tried Bitchin? They may have it.

5. thecrazed(k)666

thecrazed(k)666

YA THATS NOT IT FOR SURE !! the guy that helped me on the phone earlier did sameshit saying YA WE HAVE IT !!! and was looking at 49 parts...THEN TRIED TO SELL ME THE REAR ROCKER BRACE !!!!

6. redsdad

redsdad

I could not find a repop when I was looking. The rear panel of the trunk floor which I got from Chevs of the 40's (think it is an EMS panel) is straight instead of curved. Not original, but functional. And it makes it easier to fab a replacement. Here is a photo of my original next to the new one.

I have some journal entries starting here http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=22619&page=62&perpage=5&reverse=
    with entry #34 and continueing to entry #43.

Wish I had better news. Hope this helps some.

Attached Files:

7. Find someone on eBay parting out a solid one and have him cut it out for you -

8. thecrazed(k)666

thecrazed(k)666

searching for one now ...but if all else fails ill just fix the one i have after i remove it, friend had a whole back half of a 4 door and scraped it a few months before i got my 48....shit luck

9. ems customer service

ems customer service

the part in the photo is not ours (ems) and all our parts have our label on them with the application and our phone number.

chevs of the 40s does sell ems stuff as well as parts made by others.

10. ems customer service

ems customer service

11. JAWS

JAWS

12. redsdad

redsdad

Are you talking about the underfloor brace I showed above or the tailpan I show in my journal? The brace shown above I had made. If you check my journal http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=22619&page=61&perpage=5&reverse= entry #41, middle photo, you can see the EMS sticker on the tailpan.

The brace like the one I had made would be a simple part for you guys to make. And, if the tailpan is rotted, chances are the brace is shot as well. Just a thought.

13. ems customer service

ems customer service

my mistake! saw your photo album it was great, the underfloor brace you made we do not get a lot of requests for, so it we never made it but phone calls change everything.

ps, thanks for buying the tailpan and the inner piece from us!!!!

14. redsdad

redsdad

Hey, the parts I had to make for the car made me truly appreciate the fact that there are parts I can buy. Thank you for making them available. You guys make some great parts. And I understand the economics of making niche market parts like this. I am surprised you haven't got a lot of calls for the underfloor brace in the tail of these cars. But if the demand is not there, the demand is not there.