Register now to get rid of these ads!

1948 chevrolet stylemaster

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by MarkKoch, Jan 29, 2010.

1. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

Hello every one,Im lucky to have just purchased a 48 chevy 2 door stylemaster.Appears to be an older restoration,thats in need of some tlc.Im lookn for knowlage ,tris,ck hints,easy custom stuff,normal problems to be aware of.Its a 3 spd and has the newer 235 in now.Its satin black epoxy ,needs new tires(bias ply )hoping to find some used.Well thanks for reading.Ok so do I need to run bias ply on the stock rims on my 48,radials are so much cheaper please help,I was told the beed is not the same any one have some info on this,I would rather go to radials,thanx

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  2. jason65

jason65

Welcome from Ok!

3. ARTSWRK

ARTSWRK

Welcome from Kansas! Split the manifold and run the exhaust out some lake pipes! Nothing sounds better than a split 6!

4. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

Thanks for the info,The exhaust on the car had some holes and a clogged muffler(mouse nest maybe),Any way Im running the stock manifold for now to the 1 3/4 pipe then went to a 2 1/4 exiting at a 45 in front of the driver side rear tire.No muffler.Sounds mean .I do plan on the set up you mentioned,moneys tight so maybe in a year or to.Do you have any info if the stock wheel can run radials?

5. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

from one 48er to another...welcome!

6. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

welcome from Ga

7. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Welcome from England

8. hucks 48