Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1948-52 New Old Style Kustoms

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by J.B., Dec 12, 2010.

1. I've been slowly pecking away at my 41. Nothing major, I had a bunch of stuff chromed and have a new engine/transmission going in it. One thing I had done was plate the horn ring on this 1953 Ford accessory wheel. The wheel was NOS, a guy bought a tapered key version in 53-54 and installed it in his 36 cabriolet custom that was never finished. The car was beyond rough, I bought it mainly for this wheel. The wheel itself is in excellent original shape, but the ring was pitted very bad from years of being out in the elements.

Here it is now

[​IMG]

2. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I've got roughly 2500 miles and counting on this set of Firestones, sure seemed real to me :confused:

;)

[​IMG]

3. Here is the ol ragtop from over the weekend. Poor thing has not moved under it's own power in almost a year! It needed washed BAD! No engine in it currently, explaining the front end height. I picked up a set of NOS foxcraft skirts, and a pair of nice plaited bumpers and guards for both front and back. I have a ton of neat parts for this thing, I can't wait to start screwing with it again!
    I want to get this car back running/driving, lower the whole thing another 1-2" and do the interior hopefully this year. Then simply drive it...until I figure it's time for a chop :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  4. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Hell yeah!!

Your 41 has always been a favorite of mine.. it was up for sale for a while right?
    I wanted to spend my college fund on it so bad :)

5. Another car I lusted for popped up for sale, and I listed the 41 up for grabs...but as soon as I listed it, I regretted it. I never bumped the add nor had any serious interest on it. I had a pretty hefty price tag on it too...figured if someone wanted it that bad they could have it. I have seen nice restored 41 convertibles for that kind of money, but this one has some very nice and rare parts to it. I am very glad nothing ever came of it, I do love that ol boat!

6. Love it! That´s a fantastic profile. Nice photo too.

7. JAWS

JAWS

Take it easy fellas...

inside joke between me and Aaron (51 Streamliner).

I ran radials on the car cause in almost 7 years I put over 150k on it. It was my ONLY car. Not a toy or weekend bruiser.

Since it's his car now and he is doing what I never was gonna get around to do, cause I was driving it so much, he can do what he wants. Including ditching the radials for the better looking biased plys. I agree they look better....I just didn't want to replace them 5 times.

8. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Inside jokes are the worst! Haha!

Sorry all. Back to ze customs.

9. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

hey Chris... why wait? ;);):D

[​IMG]

10. ^^ I love that car.What a great picture .

11. Yup that car has attitude in spades!!

12. I usually dont like em that hammered but that is an exception.

13. DKroadsters

DKroadsters

Andreas, you must be so proud.....

Cannot wait to see the car and meet you at OSW ,.... Congratulation

14. Man, that car sure is bitchin! A little too drastic for me but for sure a head turner!

15. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

I agree, a nice subtle chop would be perfect for yours.

You doing a folding top or a Carson style top?

16. HotRodDean

HotRodDean

Man that is nice

17. I love the car because it's a convertible...but I also love padded tops. Dunno what I'm gonna do yet.

18. Here is my good pal Lenny's 39 Convertible Sedan. He bought this car 2 years ago, and it was stock other then the upholstery which was done in the late 50's. He has done a ton: lowered it, plated all the garnish moldings, built a 255 Merc flathead, rechromed a pair of ribbed bumpers, put a set of rechromed Appleton's on it, flippers, skirts, etc. He repainted the whole cowl/nose, it needed some minor repair. He plans on repainting the rest of the car this fall/winter. The hood is going to be run, it is just off as he had just got it back on the road.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  19. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Damn, that car is perfection. Cant wait to see it with a hood, though it does look pretty cool without it.

I'd have a hard time repainting that......

heyitsnate likes this.
  20. Rikster

Rikster

Totally agree, what a perfect early 1940's daily driven custom car with all the right details. WOW!

21. Gorgeous car ! Great to see that flathead in there.

22. I would have too...but it really needs it. I'll admit the front half looks BEAUTIFUL!!

23. Swedeshoebox

Swedeshoebox
    from Sweden

Soon Tim, 5 weeks left:) I can´t wait to see you and Palle and your "new" cars.

BTW next week is the final of "Swedens most beautiful car" and my shoebox is one of the 10!:D http://www.sverigessnyggastebil.se/?p=2

Wow That thing is really cool!

24. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Andreas..see you soon! i just voted..hope you win!

palle

25. I LOVE it! This is probably a stupid question but what is it?

26. Swedeshoebox

Swedeshoebox
    from Sweden

Thanks Palle :)

This could be the car from the song one piece at the time:D

No it is a near copy of Buster Littons The Panoramic Ford, the original was built 1951-53 and my car is built in stages 2005-2013.
    it´s a 1950 Ford (shoebox) frame off restauration, flathead 3 speed tranny.....
    it have parts from Studebaker-51+-52, Oldsmobile-51, Mercury-51, Buick-50,Cadillac-53,Chevrolet-53,Ford-49-50-51-53

Build thread here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382076&highlight=andreas
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

gsnort likes this.
  27. devilscustom

devilscustom
    from Sweden

Andreas just so f*cking beutiful car !

28. Hotdoggin DaddyO

Hotdoggin DaddyO
    from Hays, Ks

Alright, alright...fellas what year was this. Whoever did this was a trend setter. Love it.:D

[​IMG]

29. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Pretty sure it's mid 40's.. by the blackwall tires and surrounding cars...

I love this car.. it hits HARD.

30. Hotdoggin DaddyO

Hotdoggin DaddyO
    from Hays, Ks

Man oh man I love it. That (IMHO) is the coolest.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013