Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1948-1960 Dodge/Fargo/DeSoto Truck only picture thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hemiken, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

I have grown a bit more fond of these later model trucks, this one is from England and they are so ugly, but when they sit so well, they look so sweet. Love this Panel Truck/Town Panel. :D:D:D

Attached Files:

2. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

I thought this was way cool too. I remember reading about it in one of the street truck books ? Does anyone have more information and any more pictures of this Panel Truck/Town Suburban please. ;)

Attached Files:

3. I have a 1951 Dodge. I tried to by the truck for 7 years before i finally made a deal with the owner for a trade on a 52 chev sedan I had. The truck is almost rust free which is unheard of in Nova Scotia with the salt air and the winters we get. The previous owner got three quarters the way through restoring it the moved onto another project. The engine is from a 49 Chrysler and was rebuilt by a local race engine shop. Its been bored .30 but other wise put back together stock. I found an Ellis intake for it on ebay with carbs and linkages and I just ordered a T5 adapter kit from Tom Langdon.

4. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

That is a wicked cool story, thanks for sharing. :D
    Do you have any pictures at all of your truck you can share please ?.
    Will the front sit low enough for you with the way i had done mine with the axle on top of the leaf springs ?

5. I'll try to get some pictures up soon. I'm pretty sure that's the way I'm going to go. The good thing with the axle flip is I still have lots of options for going lower if Its not enough.

Its weird that I'm just starting my day and having breakfast and your probably just getting home and having dinner.

6. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

I am close to heading off to bed in fact, that is the way the world turns my friend. hahahahahahahaha. I hope i have been some help and i look forward to seeing your project truck, remember, Mopar or no car, i mean truck. :D

7. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

I have a folder on my computer for every year of dodge truck i see, i save every pictureI come across. so I will post some of the coolest ones I got. Hope no one cares that i post these and hope I didnt beat anyone to posting a picture of their own truck :D.

More 57's! My favorite year sleek, sexy and one(year) of a kind.
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^ I love the black one!;)

8. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

/\ /\ /\ Nice looking trucks.

I would love to get my hands on a wrap around rear window to put in to one of my Australian trucks. :cool:

Here are some more Mopar trucks from me too.

Attached Files:

9. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

How about some more Mopar trucks again. :D

Attached Files:

10. slicknapier

slicknapier
    from Tucson, AZ

Here's mine. 48 Dodge Panel. Dakota front clip, 2 x 4 box tube frame, 4 link, Lincoln 8.8 rear, 318, auto, work in progress....

Attached Files:

11. Ggg6

Ggg6
    from IL

Here is my project; 57 W300 with a Detroit 453, clark 5 spd, NP200, Dodge 9 5/8 axles 5.83:1 gears converted to 4 wheel disc brakes.
    The picture on the right shows the engine before I washed the oil/grease off of it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    j-jock likes this.

12. Nice!

13. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

How cool does your Panel Truck look, that thing is awesome buddy. :D

14. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Here are some more DeSoto trucks. ;)

Attached Files:

15. grizz1963

grizz1963

My first post on here.

I live in Rochester, Kent United Kingdom/England.

I have been looking at selling my 1963 German Import Ford Taunus Transit and my wife's 1956 Ford Anglia 100E (GOOGLE them) and then replacing both with an early 1960's Chevy C10/20/30 to use as a lugger, and to tow our 5x10 Teardrop Trailer I built in 2010.

In searching for the right truck, I ended up with a couple of leads, one for a Desoto and one for a '58 International.

Copied from elsewhere, some pics and prices in English Pounds.

The trucks are in South Africa and Right hand drive.

Any more info on the Desoto would be greatly appreciated as I cannot find anything on the usual GOOGLE searches.

As part of my research into buying an early 60's Chevy Pick Up truck, I have been led to a couple of other trucks.

The Desoto is still running its original motor.

I have spent the last two hours Googling down many avenues and learned a lot, but not seen even a pic of one of these.

Has anyone seen one or knows anything about them?

They are essentially Dodge trucks rebadged, for certain markets.

Seller wants £3000.00 for it. Looks worth it to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also heard about this 1958 International, running a 350/350 3spd auto combo. Leather interior.

Seller looking for £10500.00 firm.

Whatcha think??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any info gratefully received.

16. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hey Welcome,

I do have some pictures of DeSoto trucks like the one you posted, i will have a dig around and get back here and post them, i do have some info about them also, stay tuned............ :cool:

17. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  18. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

There must be more Mopar truck guys, keep them coming guys. :D

19. ...friend of mine built this about 15-20 years ago, it hibernated for at least half that time, just got put back on the street last Spring. Nova sub up front, Z'd frame in rear, SBC/auto. ...just needs a nice set of wheels/tires now.
    [​IMG]

20. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Looks pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

21. jaco

jaco

Here is my 49 in progress. I am making it into a Harley service type truck. It will be two tone orange over black. I have partioned off the back with shelves to put old parts in and added a motor I bought to build a chopper with to the rear. I have about finished the body work and will paint it soon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

58dodgetruck likes this.
  22. Very cool 49 love the Harley Theme!

23. Apittslife

Apittslife

Hi Jaco,

Nice truck, makes me miss my 48 Panel

24. jaco

jaco

Thanks for the replies. I have really been hitting it hard this long weekend and will use the next long weekend to try and get in final prime. Then I will call all my friends and have a sanding party to get it wet sanded. Hope to be painted by the end of January.

25. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

WOW,

Love your panel, the colors you picked will look really cool on it, the stance is awesome, i think you nailed it.

I hope you get a lot of mates to help with the sanding party ! LOL.

Thanks heaps for sharing :D

26. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

what size tires and wheels are you running on your Harley inspired Panel. (I like how you put a wall between the rear seat and back.

27. ok, Jaco, I need to see some tech please (including pics) of what you did with the hood. I want to one piece mine, but want and need ideas. I have been thinking of modifying a BMW front tip system to fit, but want to see what you did.

28. jaco

jaco

Hey Bones I am running 16" on the front and 17" on the rear. Sorry Moparman but all the metal work was roughed in when I got the truck. Someone had allready done a lot of work on it. I was told that a hot rod shop in Illinois did the work. I have done the finish work on the body. It also already had a Chevy running gear in it. I removed it and replaced it with all Mopar running gear. It is sitting on a S-10 frame and the body is dropped over the frame. The way it sets is the ride height. I did add airbags on the rear so that I can pull my small camper with it.
    This what it looked like when I got it.
    [​IMG]

29. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Thanks Jaco. that is the one thing I have fought over in my head was the rim size as those openings, especially on the front are so big and as in both of our cases, the front sits down low, meaning the front tire or rim will be tucking

I really want to run a set of the factory 20" rims widen in the rear to 7 or 8 inches but with the prices of those (due to their use on rat rods) I can not afford $2000 for a set of 4.

30. Jaco, could you post a couple of pix of the underside of the hood and how they did it?