Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1948-1960 Dodge/Fargo/DeSoto Truck only picture thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hemiken, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hi Guys, i will start with a picture of my Australian windowless 1954 DeSoto panel truck, it has one of my Dodge fronts sitting on it right now as the DeSoto front was damaged, so i replaced it with one of my Dodge fronts.
    Look forward to seeing how many Mopar Trucks we can all look at in one place.
    Thanks, Kenny.
    :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  2. My 50 dodge wayfarer 2 door sedan

Edit: I guess I shoulda finished reading the title!!!!! Sorry guys

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  3. My '53 with a '48 5 window cab....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It gets put together and taken apart on an almost daily basis. One day I'll get it together and push it out for a good pic.

By the way, I really like your panel Kenny!

4. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

This is my chop top Dodge cab i did nearly 15 years ago, directions changed when i got my DeSoto panel truck, so now i will be saving the body of the Dodge and using it as a cab over ramp truck, just have to find a late model donner truck to rebody with this. I took 6 1/2 inches out of the back section and 7 inches out of the windshield. She is hammered hard.
    I will get more picture of the cab when next i visit my brothers place, still in the process of moving all my crap.

Attached Files:

5. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

My 50 Dodge on an 80 Dodge 4x4 chassis, pre-wreck.
    My 54 Dodge with an f,m,& j clip. Both were 360 auto powered.
    My 48 Plymouth coupe (I know you asked for trucks, but I couldn't resist.) Gene

Attached Files:

6. I can't wait to see more, Australian trucks look 100 times better than the American counterparts.

7. 6DODGE6RAM6

6DODGE6RAM6
    from Lemont, IL

my '55 C-3,it's a work in progress

[​IMG]

8. Heres my 53 dodge with a 50 front end.

First incarnation if it, bagged and sbc powered.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then this happened...

[​IMG]

and currently, during customization...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Click here for build thread

Justin

9. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hi Mike,

Thanks, i really like my Panel too. I have spare front fenders stashed away too, i will be doing exactly what you are doing to your rear fenders to make them match the front, that is what these old Dodges need in my opinion, excited to see your truck when it is done too.
    Thanks again,
    Kenny.

10. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

I will get more pictures organized of my stuff to post, i also have a lot of Australian truck pictures saved that i will be posting up to share also.
    I am really digging having this thread with all Mopar only trucks, keep'em coming guys.
    THANKS.

11. Kenny
    I would have never in the world guessed that desoto made a truck. I have seen a few Plymouth trucks over the years but never a desoto. What does the desoto front end look like, is it real different than the Dodge?

12. bstie

bstie

Justin - Your truck has always been one of my fav's

13. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

They are exactly the same front, the only difference was in the jewelry, emblems and mascots, i will take a picture of the NOS emblems i picked up for it and post them up here for you and everyone else to have a look at tomorrow after work. They are some real awesome looking emblems.

14. You'll see old DeSoto trucks in the Middle East (especially Turkey), Australia, and a few in New Zealand and South Africa, from what I have heard and seen.

The DeSoto and Fargo names continue into current production in Turkey, with those names (and Dodge) used under license on trucks that are built in Turkey. They bear zero resemblance to any Mopar truck you know, guaranteed! These are in size from a Suburban all the way up to 80K GVW OTR trucks. Picture a full-sized early '70s Tonka dump truck, and you'd be very close.

15. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hey Guys, here is the NOS DeSoto truck hood medallion i picked up here in Australia for my DeSoto Panel Truck. Also a picture of a rare V8 emblem that fits around the Dodge/Fargo/DeSoto hood medallions that i will be mounting on to one of my Dodges at a later date, it looks cool on the wall for now.

Attached Files:

16. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Here are the NOS DeSoto hood side emblems and front grille emblem i picked up the same time as the NOS DeSoto hood medallion. They were one of my best scores and a part i was dreading to find, i got lucky.

Attached Files:

17. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Here are some Australian trucks to look at.

Attached Files:

18. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Mopar COE's would have to be one of the coolest looking trucks when Hot Rodded too !

Attached Files:

19. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Here are some more Australian trucks, the white dual cab Dodge (originally red) was a rare factory made truck specially ordered for bigger companies like an Australian telecommunication company that was called PMG back in the day.

Attached Files:

20. This has to be the best looking front end ever made...

[​IMG]

I had planned on carving up my '53 nose and trying to find a '54-'56 nose I could use the grille opening from. The end result looking just like this or course. Too bad these weren't in the states, it would save me alot of welding rod!

By the way, loving this thread idea too!

21. JYPSEA

JYPSEA
    from Florida

My 48 in progress.

Attached Files:

22. This Dodge Route Van sits locally on a farm with many other vehicles. Also this red/white Power Wagon.

Attached Files:

23. 56C3B6

56C3B6
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY

Here's mine. Tore the old flatty apart yesterday hope to have dual carbs, split exhaust and shaved head by spring.

Attached Files:

24. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

Here's my '55 C-3 B. Been working on this for the past 18 months. Began with a "pile 'o parts."

Attached Files:

25. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

;) Hey guys, this thread is starting to take off. I am loving this all Mopar truck thread, we need more Mopar COE's posted too, keep'em coming.:D

26. [​IMG]
    This is my 56 There are some Great trucks on this thread looking forward to seeing them all Have a Great Day! Jim

27. That is even more interesting, I don't believe that I have ever seen a stock Dodge here with a V8 in it or that it was even an option until the very late '50s or early '60s.

You fellas down under have all the cool stuff. ;)

28. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

Mid-50's they began to put V-8's in the 1/2 tons. Mine has the 259 poly engine. I have a set of hemi heads to go on it. Just have to build them up.

Attached Files:

ironrodder likes this.
  29. My 48 - this is what it looked like before I tore it apart many years ago . . .

[​IMG]

and where it's at now - Late B-Body IFS and 400/727/8 3/4" driveline

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Dodge offered a V8 for the truck line beginning in May, 1954, about 1/2 way through the 54 model year production. My teal color pickup posted earlier was one of the first V8 Dodge trucks in my area. My truck was originally turquoises and cream two tone. Gene

Attached Files: