Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1947 Lincoln Continental Convertible

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Gr8punkin, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Gr8punkin

Gr8punkin

City: Albuquerque

State: New Mexico
    Price: $7,000 obo
    What I have for sale here is a 1/3 done restoration on a 1947 Lincoln convertible, that I really have to sell. After inheriting cars from my late fathers collection I don't have the room for everything, and I certainly don't have the time to complete all of the projects sitting around my place.
    This car has been media blasted so that all of the rust has been removed. It has also been painted with a primer to prevent any more rust. I have done some repairs on the floors of the car, they are not concourse quality repairs as I had intended to make the car into a driver that could be used on classic car tours.
    The V12 engine has been rebuilt, but never fired due to an incomplete distributor. The transmission and overdrive have also been gone through, but I have never driven the car so It's very difficult for me to say without a doubt that they are fully functioning.

Now the really good part. I had the instruments professionally rebuilt and re-plated while converting them to 12v negative ground, so the instrumentation will be easy. I also have a new wiring harness for the car, and approximately 90% of the parts that are needed to finish the restoration.

Included in this sale is a 1948 Coupe parts car that's already been very useful for the 47.

This is the typical story of a project which was started with the best of intentions, but life got in the way. Now I don't have the time or patience to finish this car. My asking price of $7,000.00 represents a significant loss for me at this point, so my loss can be your gain. When I first obtained the car it did have a California pink slip with it, and while I haven't been able to put my hands on it I can attest that it does have a clean title.

Attached Files:

2. Gr8punkin

Gr8punkin

VIN plate

Attached Files:

3. Gr8punkin

Gr8punkin