Register now to get rid of these ads!

1947 Ford Wiper Linkage Arms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cruisin30, Jan 10, 2011.

1. cruisin30

cruisin30
    from Katy, TX

The wiper linkage arms were missing from my 47 when I bought it. Wiper towers are there and new. Need to install an electric conversion motor but the new linkage kits are outrageous when the originals would work just fine. Anyone know of a source for just the linkage arms?

2. 48ford

48ford

try Macs ford parts.
    Russ

3. In '47 -There were two sizes of wiper posts-the larger ones are easier to get parts for.
    If you locate stock linkage from a donor you can use Newport engineering and it will bolt right up to the stock wiper motor mount-presto 2 speed electric wipers and intermittant if you want it.

4. cruisin30

cruisin30
    from Katy, TX

Thanks for the replies. Mac's doesnt carry them. I did buy a Newport wiper conversion but most want about $200 for a linkage system and that includes the wiper towers. I dont need the wiper towers and Newport told me that the original linkages would work just fine. I mounted the motor but now need to locate original style linkage arms but cant find anyone who has them.

5. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Try Baxter Ford in Lawerence KS. (785) 842-9256 I don't think they have a web site. Good guys to deal with, lots of used parts.

6. alumslot

alumslot

I bought mine on ebay. Keep a look out price wasn't bad I got everything for 40.00.

Jim

7. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

I used an old VW bug system in my 51 Ford pickup. Fit good, just had to shorten the cross arm a bit

8. cruisin30

cruisin30
    from Katy, TX

Thanks OkieDokie, I'll give them a try.

9. cruisin30

cruisin30
    from Katy, TX

Back to square one. Baxter Ford didnt have any either. Still looking for a source?

10. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

I found replacement hood hinges and several other parts at So Cal.
    Might try Bob Drake, or Dennis Carpenter.