I haven’t seen a lot on this so maybe it’ll be helpful to someone. I’ve run the original knee action shocks on my truck for years and frankly they were fine...UNTIL I changed to some softer front springs and that put a light on just how bad those vintage shocks were. It was especially bad when towing the dragster as well. I liked the idea of getting some vintage shock brackets but never could find the right ones for my truck. My patience ran out and I decided to just make what I had work. Wanting to use the factory lower mount I opted to machine a shock stud, but if you don’t have access to a lathe it’d be just as easy to fab a bracket off the spring bolts. Next since I had the ‘wrong’ shock brackets the holes didn’t line up (too close together) so I added the notches. Lastly I opted to shorten the shock brackets 2-1/2” - this really was an entirely UNNECESSARY step as I could have just used a longer shock, but I was using what I had laying around so out came the saw. Oh I almost forgot I also made 1/2” thk. spacers behind the shock mounts. This helped with clearance to the inner fender well (which still needed a slight amount of clearance added - BFH). Just took it around the block, the difference is very noticeable, huge improvement. I can’t wait to see how it tows now. And yes I realize the shock angle isn’t ideal but the improvement is so big I can’t see myself worrying about it.