Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1947 Ford Serial # query.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by khead47, Mar 23, 2021.

1. khead47

khead47

Sooooo...... I prized up the viewing access panel on my coupe to check the numbers. Shit ! Couldn't find numbers on frame rail due to age and paint. The bellhousing is stamped * 799A15xxx67, the title serial number is 99A15xxx76 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF ! Wadaya think ? SOS dyslexia ?

2. The number stamper guy may have been a little tipsy that day.:eek:

3. khead47

khead47

Somebody, somewhere was easy n't at 100 % Only once have I had issues with the cops over vin/serial numbers. As a kid and driving like the fool I was, cop pulled me over in my 67 Z28, and numbers were wrong. SOS had screwed up. Relatively easy to correct with a cop number verification. Another time I bought a Norton Commando that title said " Nordic ". also easy to correct with cop inspection. Have also had two OT Toyota motorhomes with mixed up numbers. Local cops verified actual numbers. Sooooooo.... should I go with the hassle of dealing with SOS, or just forget about it ? This covid BS makes a real issue dealing with the SOS !

s

4. junkman8888

junkman8888

Fix the paperwork now before it becomes a "learning experience", like getting pulled over in the middle of the night and the cops impound the car and throw you in jail because the numbers don't match, or you get in an accident and the insurance company refuses to pay because the numbers don't match.

LOU WELLS and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. khead47

khead47

Awright ! Just got home from the local cop shop. Got the number verified with no problem. Now I gotta deal with the damned SOS. Checked online and local office is booked through July ! Shit !

6. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

Get AAA .save you a ton of hassle.never go to the DMV again

7. khead47

khead47

We don't have agents in Mi. Gotta fend for ourselves. Although I have heard of some SOS employees will put you in front on the list for a fee. Just sayin !