Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1947 ford generator wiring

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hobbyjp, Jul 29, 2014.

1. hobbyjp

hobbyjp
    from socal

Hey everybody I need some wiring help, I'm working on a 1947 Ford 1.5 ton with a v8 flathead. The engine has a three pole generator but I can't identify what terminals are what. The field terminal is clearly marked the terminal next to the field terminal appears to be a badly stamped g looks like a perfect "o" and the terminal at the back of the gernerator has no marking from what I can see. Can someone positively identify these terminals

Attached Files:

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Field to F on regulator, G on case is ground...verify that this is a stud into metal, not insulated, the field one is insulated. It grounds to base of regulator...most recent regulators lack a ground terminal, so ground it to base of reg at one of the mount screws. A highly recommended mod is to then extend from there and connect into base of battery ground cable. Remaining one is A for Armature, goes to A on regulator. B on reg then feeds the whole wiring harness.

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus