Register now to get rid of these ads!

1947 Ford COE build

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by jackalope, Nov 8, 2018.

1. jackalope

jackalope

What do you mean by “scrap the chassis?” If you mean build my own and do away with original, then yes. This will be a complete custom build. I am chomping at the bit to get after it too. Just sent the coffee truck I have been working on for several months out the door and it passed all health Dept inspections so it is legit and done. Should be full steam ahead when I return from vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Yes I was curious if you were building a new chassis or doing a swap. Looking at the post it will be nice when done. I’m looking for some parts off an original chassis, as you can guess most guys send them off to scrap. Im keeping mine closer to stock and might be interested in some of the original chassis parts your not using to get mine roadworthy.

jackalope and Peanut 1959 like this.
  3. jackalope

jackalope

I will have the entire front section of the frame available. Likely steering box as well. This part of the frame is solid. Lmk if of interest.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  4. wow very good job !

Hello,

my Name is Ingo, i own a 47 Ford COE.
    Do you have an idea where to get a Windshieldframe Rubberseal?
    It seems there are no originals and no Aftermarket for this Truck on the market, but maybe you know which Rubberseals may fit? .... fron any other vehicle perhaps?

Thanks for your help

best
    Ingo

Peanut 1959 likes this.