Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1947 Flxible Clipper Bus Warner Bros Studio Burbank CA Original

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tommr86, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommr86

tommr86

interesting frogz. meant to say mirrored flat sheet stainless. thx. pretty cool

2. Frogz

Frogz

So, more like this ?

[​IMG]

3. tommr86

tommr86

wow I like it frogz. the shading looks realistic. we have light rust thru on the outer panels so im going to replace. its cool to see the result before doing the work. thanks man. tom

4. Frogz

Frogz

I'm glad you like it. It"s a really cool bus, and the coolest thing is that you keep driving it across the country.

5. tommr86

tommr86

driving it to Philadelphia tonite Frogz . will have it out locally this summer. another big trip planned for next summer. doing a 5 spd synchronized overdrive conversion in the off season. thanks

6. Lazblom

Lazblom

Guffy - I have a similar Starliner here in Australia and I am also researching a number of them. I would be very interested to know some history of this Starliner. I have the serial No. and an old pic which may have been taken before you bought it??? Can you let me know whatever you know about it. Where and who you bought it from and sold it to, what you did to it - anything - pics
    I have attached a few pics I have for you and some info on me and my Starliner.
    http://aussiestarliner.weebly.com/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/starliner57/
    Hope you can help out here - Thanks mate

21 THE KANAS STATE COLLEGE BUS 30962.jpg College Pittsburg kansas 2.jpg College Pittsburg kansas 3.jpg

7. tommr86

tommr86

im amazed at how seriously you aussies rip these Flxs down. looks awesome.

8. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We get together with the Flx bunch every year in AZ. They are a great folks to gather up with. We have a S.O.B. (Some Other Brand) but they let us hang with them.
    Here is a photo of one of busses that shows up from Port Angles WA this was February 2014 and they use it every year.
    It is a '47 Clipper and he has a V-8 Cummins re-power and runs/sounds real sweet California 2014 Pope leaving 001.JPG

9. guffey

guffey

That is the one I sold to a guy in California in 2007. It looks like the sun has been tuff on the original paint, he had planned a motor home conversion. I bought it from the second owner, Lou Morgan and he bought it in 1972 from the Teachers College in Kansas and drove it home to Indiana. He also had planned a motor home conversion. He drove it in his old Ford dealership building and swapped to a 6v71 and it never moved again til I took it out in 2006. He bought new side panels , windshields and about every thing he could get from Flxible at that time. He was a midget race car owner and race fan and remembered the John Zink Starliner towing the Indy car to the 500 and that was his plan to go to the races and tow with it. I will see if I can find the photos of when we moved it.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. tommr86

tommr86

hello winduptoy. your 47 has the louvered wiper well shield like ours. do you still have the air wipers? thanks. tom

11. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tom,
    You have a great bus especially with the respect that it is still seated. It looks awsome.
    As for the pictured '47 it belongs to a friend, also named Tom. I am certain that it still has air wiper motors.

12. tommr86

tommr86

yes windup. I think we have the most original bus that is still roadable. upholstery is the original. engine was a factory repower with a 401 Magnum GMC V6 in 1971. runs awesome. glad you like. tom

13. That's very cool that you're taking the team out, and in the old bus.

14. grazy

grazy

Flexible Bus Co. Was here in Ohio Loudonville they have big get togethers with a bunch of old restored buses every other year ? Company started out making motorcycle side cars back in the teens.

15. tommr86

tommr86

Im aware of the Bus Run out in Loudonville Grazy. somebody from the group emailed us when we were in OH in 2012. they saw us in the newspaper but our schedule was too tight. we could not attend. maybe another year. philly.com/monarchs

16. stronga

stronga

Too Kool!

17. tommr86

tommr86

wow stronga that should be my motto wrenching on this old iron. funny

18. tommr86

tommr86

Taking our bus to the West Coast June 2015. working on an Allison 5 speed conversion. need the overdrive.

19. tommr86

tommr86

new video up last month youtube.com/watch?v=itSs8SYvpbM

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  20. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Love them old Flxible's, lots of character!!

21. tommr86

tommr86

there are several Flxibles in Australia. love that Olds.

22. tommr86

tommr86

Travelled 4,000 miles in 23 days june/july 2015. Allison 1000 from a 2006 GMC Kodiak worked perfectly bolted to the 50 year old GMC V6. custom flexplate assembly, rear support and driveshaft were required. I got the standalone wiring and programmed TCU from cumminsallisonconversions. this is a 6 speed programmed to operate as a 5 speed overdrive. great trip.

Attached Files:

23. Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.