Register now to get rid of these ads!

1947 chevy with a 1967 chevy top?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mtpockits, Jul 6, 2009.

1. mtpockits

mtpockits

i remember someone doing this many years ago in a mag, anyone got a clue what im talking about.

Attached Files:

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

...sound like you are talking about ruining a 47 chevy

3. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

And a '67 at the same time...

4. jagfxr1949

jagfxr1949

I would agree on the ruining bit and I have a clue what you are talking about, but can't figure out WHY. the '47 top is nice as is.

5. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

perhaps in a drawing...but that would just be ARGHHHLY in real life...just because metal can be worked to provide a specific result doesn't mean it should. I suggest you try a 64 Impala formal roof on a 32 Ford 3w first...you know...just to show off your skills

dj

6. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

7. there was a buick that was done by a HAMB member.

8. mtpockits

mtpockits

what i remember is it looked real nice 20 years ago, don't look at me im not doing one, i allready got a ugly car , 49 nash.

9. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

You only live once, I hope your cutting already. The 2 cars by themsleves arent that unique. No harm there. could end up with something cool, or a higher elcetric bill for the month

10. mikes51

mikes51

If you are talking about the one that has the fastback look, it did turn out pretty good looking. Built in the '90's I believe.

11. krome

krome

that's like ripping hundred dollars bills, just don't make sense

12. I've seen a '54 Ford hardtop with a '65 Buick top and a '53 Buick with a '65 Chevy top done, but not the '67 on '47 that I remember.

Cut them up, Chevy made plenty, I could have had two of those fastbacks a couple years ago and let them get crushed because no one really seemed to give a damn. I passed on a '67 Impala SS ragtop out of the same place (someone else got it) but only because I knew it had been flooded completely under water at least twice.

13. Rikster

Rikster

I do remember a car that I think Mickey Galloway built based on a 1941 Ford with a mid 60's Chevy roof.
    But that car was a convetible.. and then you can get away with it.
    Personally I would not do this to a 47 Fleetline.. that top is perfect.
    Perhaps if you had a roll over car it would be an option.. and then only if you would do a convertible...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  14. mtpockits

mtpockits

are you sure you dont like this.

Attached Files:

15. I think i remember someting similar but thought it was a mid-sixties Buick Riviera roof.

16. I agree. I know the car you are talking about. I will get back to you on that.

17. It was a 1950 Buick with a '68 Impala roof. To each his own, Personally it doesn't work for me.
    [​IMG]

18. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Yep, to each his own...the car belongs to Greg Davis of Hiawatha, Kansas...sits on a Cadillac Seville frame and has all the Caddy running gear in it...gets tons of highway miles per year and has won tons of awards...I think the car is about ten years old now...

R-

19. henry29

henry29

That's like wiping your butt before you poop, just don't make no sense.

20. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

well, the lines on a42-47 aerosedan are pretty damn sweet just as they are! and thats not a opinion, thats a fact..................in my opinion:D