Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

SOLD: 1947 Chevy Sedan Delivery

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by travisdahl, Jul 26, 2017.

1. travisdahl

travisdahl

City: Ramona

State: California
    Price: 8k
    SOLD

Hate to part with it but I have a baby on the way and my wife wants the garage back, so here goes...

Up for sale is my 1947 Chevy Sedan delivery.
    • mustang II frontend (disk brakes)
    • nova rear
    • odd fire Buick V6 3.8 liter 231 c.i (i think out of a riviera?)
    • new aluminum radiator
    • garaged since i bought it
    • shaved handles (has rocky hinge bear latches)
    • shaved back window
    • custom 3/4 windows
    • rear view camera
    • welded fender seams
    • custom bumpers
    • custom tea's design bench seat with bucket backs (was a lot of $$$)
    • dolphin guages
    • runs and drives great
    • black paint (not primer)
    • have front window trim and side window trim off other models of that year that i was going to try and retrofit for a custom look
    • also have a 46 chrome grill that i was going to use because i like the look
    • CA registration paid and current. Now has personalized 60's black plates '47DLVRY'

I bought this car around 2001 from hot rod builder John Pickle (read bout him here https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-hobby-loses-a-great-one.232738/ and here https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/do-any-of-you-san-diego-guys-know-john-pickle.197070/). It was his shop truck and while doing some website work for him I fell in love with it and bought it. Shortly after I had the body work cleaned up and had it painted with a single stage with a flattening agent added (it was primer when i got it). There are a couple minor hairline cracks and a can of grease exploded on the drivers side so it could probably use a new coat, but its straight. Same guy stripped down the previously orange dash and painted it candy apple red (flawless). I went through the (not-so-)painless wiring kit and re-ran everything. Everything works as expected. It has sat most of the time I had it, but always starts back up without issue. About 2 years ago a buddy of mine helped me go through it, tune it up and replace any hoses or brakelines that needed attention, replaced the brakes, put in a new aluminum radiator, etc.

Not gonna lie, some of the work that was done is a little questionable and not perfect. but it does sit right and isnt gonna fall apart. Some of the welds arent too pretty and where they cut things down with the plasma cutter its obvious, also looks like they may have used a street sign on the transmission hump for sheet metal. haha. I think a lot of the work was already done to this car when John acquired it as far as the drivetrain. I tried to take as many pics as possible so there are no surprises. (see google link to album below)

Seat is upholstered but otherwise needs interior

Really hate to see this thing go but willing to negotiate a little. Make me an offer

NOTE: Will consider trade for nice Studebaker 2r pickup (49-53)

You can see more pics and videos here...
    https://goo.gl/photos/Xr2EsZWdmoz5nFUs8

1383334_10201635686749757_234451871_n.jpg 1461563_10202123745430919_1038685039_n.jpg

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018