Register now to get rid of these ads!

1947 Chevy Firetruck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TimberwolfFXDL, Aug 9, 2012.

1. TimberwolfFXDL

TimberwolfFXDL

Buddy of mine has this for sale. I haven't seen it in person yet, but will soon. Says it runs and drives, just needs a little work on the brakes. He wants $2500 for it. Think it's worthwhile for the price? Still has the funtional siren, etc, but as far as the actual firetruck portion of it, what you see is what's there.

I thought it might be cool to turn into a period correct wrecker. Based on the door lettering I am guessing someone else had that same idea at some point in time.

[​IMG]

2. Price seems slightly high but not totally out of line in my opinion.

3. get a total on having to replace entire brake system,all 6 tires as they dry rot from sitting and then do a compression test on engine. people fail to understand just because the truck only drove maybe 20k in it's lifetme the pump hooked to the p.t.o. drive was usually running at 3k so add the running hour to the miles on odometer and that adds up real fast, RPM=WEAR regaurdless.