Register now to get rid of these ads!

1947-1954 Chevrolet 3/4 ton truck pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RUSTEE 57 GMC, Jan 1, 2011.

1. RUSTEE 57 GMC

RUSTEE 57 GMC
    from Tennessee

I have a 1948 Chevy 8-lug 3/4 ton truck. Any pictures for inspiration would be appreicated. Does not have to be original pictures either. Just need some ideas to bounce around in my head for awhile. Info on these type trucks is appreciated as well.

2. 454navyss

454navyss

there are AD trucks all over this board, Im building one right now but im putting it on an s10 frame

truck.jpg
    truck2.jpg

3. RUSTEE 57 GMC

RUSTEE 57 GMC
    from Tennessee

That is a nice truck! Does it run? What model of S10 frame are you going to use on it? I might have to go that route myself. Let me know if you decide to discard any parts from your truck.
    Thanks!

4. 454navyss

454navyss

It ran about a year and a half ago but has been parked in my dad's carport and not touched since then. Im using a 2000 reg cab shortbed s10 frame, ideally i should have gotten a reg cab longbed frame (to correctly match the shortbed AD's 115" wheelbase) but i stretched the frame that was available to me. The reasons i decided to swap frames was to ditch the 3/4 ton stuff, availability and convenience of s10 suspension components and have power steering and power disc brakes since the gf will be driving it.

im still looking for a drivers side back fender and a set of running boards as well.

5. AntiBling

AntiBling

[​IMG]

First vehicle i got when i was 13, runs. 15 years later still have it.

6. 454navyss

454navyss

here are a few pictures of what i did with the frame, it had to be stretched 7" total using a 1/4" thick piece of 6" channel i got from work, it fit perfectly over the stock frame. i used a die grinder and a 4.5" hand grinder to do all of the cutting and cleaning and a 110V flux core wire MIG to do the welding, i also bolted everything just in case a weld did happen to break.

frame sleeved.jpg

frame halved.jpg

frame stretched.jpg

frame weld.jpg

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  7. NEALS49

NEALS49

Here are a few pics to look over, not all 3/4 tons by no means but the theme is all the same, and good luck on your build.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/advanceddesign/

if you havnt all ready join the AD group on here also.

Neal,

8. I thought I had the system going on mine. I have a set of 8 lug 15 inch rims that I put caps on. then I switched to a 49 chev passenger car front suspension and a nine inch rear with chev 5 lug axles.
    anyone need 15 inch 8 lug wheels?

Attached Files: