Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1946 Ford backing plates with '66 drums and pads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1931fordtruck, Jul 15, 2014.

1. I have been doing some reading. I was in question if 1966 Ford F-100 brake drums, pads, and hardware will work with Ford '46 backing plates and spindels for the front, as well as the rear(model A banjo)?

Streetrods of driven by Chevy, Hotrods are powered by FORD!

2. are you talking car brakes? if so, i don't believe so.......up to 1966 F100 shoes and hardware , and up to `63 brake drums will work with `48-`52 F1 and `53-`56 F100 brakes

post some pictures of what you have

3. alchemy

alchemy

Measure your diameters and you'll get an easy answer. Not even the biggest hammer will make the 11" parts fit with the 12" parts.

4. This is a pic of the backing plate. The set (front/rear) are off of a '46 Ford 1/2 ton pu.

Attached Files:

5. I can get new parts for a '48 deluxe, which should work with my '46 backing plates. Im having trouble locating some drums without having to pay an arm and a leg.

6. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Yeah prices are out of control on the new drums. I haven't found a reasonable priced one yet. Don't even look at prices for new hubs.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!