Register now to get rid of these ads!

1946 chevy setup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ronytinker, May 4, 2010.

1. ronytinker

ronytinker

Hey guys new to this place been into cars for awhile decided to take on a bigger project. Building a 1946 rod chevy truck body is in great shape and they started a ground up restoration on it but only the frame is done dont know if I should stick with the original frame. Been getting all the cancer out of the body and the bad bondo job the did. Want to stick with the straight axle no s10 frame. Any advise would be appreciated.
    <!-- / message --><!-- edit note --><HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1>

2. kisam

kisam

Yes, stay with the original frame. There is nothing wrong with it. If you are keeping the 6 cylinder, you may need to change the rear end as your top end speed will be limited (or change the motor)? You will find a few Chevy guys on here that I am sure will chime in.

3. bigalow49chop truck

bigalow49chop truck

stay with the original frame if you dont want it to seat low. if you do then get a 2x3 box frame bld for it because by the time you get a S-10 frame and spend all the time cutting and if you dont run finders on it and cover the front end up people will make fun of it .I have a 41 ford with a S-10 frame under it and just dont look right

4. ronytinker

ronytinker

Thanks guys Im more wondering about a spring behind setup for my truck think im going to go with leafs on back with bags. Yes Im going fenderless and sticking with a straight axle.

5. TOWMAN

TOWMAN

Sounds good ronytinker, im doin the same thing with my 46 chevy truck check out some of my pics, what part of IA are u?? im NW iowa

6. ronytinker

ronytinker

Im over in NW Iowa Sioux Center Got behind on project lately need to get back to it.

7. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

i have a 1946 chevy pickup on a 1977 chevy 1/2 full sixe chevy frame.thanks

8. Are you going to run the hood or grill ?