Register now to get rid of these ads!

1944, 2 and 6 chevy truck rear windows

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fossilfish, Dec 9, 2013.

1. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

Ok, I need some help here.
    The street rod project is getting close to getting the windows cut...now I find that there were two type of rear windows in 40 to 46 chevy trucks. I think I have the earlier window and need the cast bolt in window retainer. Where do I find the bolt in retainer?....or can I use the late style window and the rubber? Anyone have any experience in this deal?

2. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

what year truck do you have?

3. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

it is an early 1946 chevy truck

4. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

Don't think anybody repops the diecast retainer.I was lucky to have a good one.They come up on ebay from time to time.Pretty sure you can use either type of seal as the opening is the same from 39 to early 47.

5. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

I have two cabs, one early and one late(guess when one I picked for the street rod?) and it looks like the opening for the bolt in one is slightly smaller... the flange for the later one is a lot thinner but it may work because the inset for the whole window is the same size. I will know more tomorrow when I measure the bolt in cab inset

6. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

stovebolt.com has a wealth of information.Guys over there can defiantly answer most questions pertaining to these trucks.Lots of parts for sale as well.

7. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

Burl, Thanks
    I will go there and see what happens.