Register now to get rid of these ads!

1941 zephyr mild kustom build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS, Sep 21, 2011.

1. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Thanks homie, ill try to remember to bring the controlls to bakersfield.

2. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Looking foward to it to bro, in building this car we are designing everything to be a long distance driver so i can travel with my koolsville homies to out of state shows. I really wanna have the quality drive, awesome gas mileage and ultimate comfort. This car will be so quite while running it wont even sound like its on, the interior will be extra sealed and sound deadened. Im not so much focusing on a chrome motor or parts on this car but really the traveling comforts. Everything we do on this car will have the traveling as one of our main focus and making it look kool too.

3. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Thank you buddy, means alot to me

4. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Hahaha! Awesome

5. shadams

shadams

Wow! I hate that all I add to threads is wow, but I cant even imagine thinking about doing something like that and then actually doing it and having it actually work! Amazing....

6. BenDaPirate

BenDaPirate

Looks awesome Skoty!! Can't wait to see more!!

7. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Im not really into heavy chops, they to me seem to much. I like customs where everything flows so well the car looks stock or it came with a mild chop from the factory. Ive been down the road of extreme chops and radical hot rods, its not me anymore. All thats in my past, as simple as a mild custom may look or sound it isnt all the simple to make everything work and or flow with eachother. One wrong piece or line can ruin a cars flow or look. My idea of a custom is enhancing the cars look / flow etc. But still keeping its originality not loosing its heart or chopping a car 8" just to chop it. Ive looked at alot of chopped zephyrs and ill be 100% honest, theres only one zephyr chop i actually do like and it was a mild chop. I really like the chop on the zephyr that is at the austin speedshop in texas, when i went to texas for the round up gambino took me over there to check stuff out and i got to see the chop in person. In that chop they didnt take the character or heart of the car away from it. Very mild and tastefull. Didnt mean to write a book about this, just wanted you to understand how i see chops. Thank you for your response and input.

8. farmer12

farmer12

Great to see you're going to build this zephyr. I loved the work you did on the Plymouth, so if that is any sign as to how this is going to turn out, it going to be nothing less than impressive! Love the work you do Skoty, so I'll be following this build thread for sure!

9. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Thank you very much buddy, i hope to make this better then the plymouth.

10. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Not again!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........Here we go another bad ass Kustom to emerge from Skoty. I am subscribed for this being I love Lincolns and hopefully learn some more metal performing skills.

J.Lockwood

11. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I am going to watch this one.Subscribed!

12. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dude, you smurfed togther a coupe and a HUGE sedan!!! That's not mild in my book. Are you saying all of the components of the doner car were exactly the same as the ones they replaced on the coupe?

13. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Well I guess in my eyes its not customising the car its trying to get a solid base for customising. They matched up pretty well, there is a few things that are not exactly the same like a few braces under and in the car that I did keep from the old chassis that I will be remaking with new steel so its strong and the sedan b pillars mounted in the center of the floor but can easily dissapear. Honestly the combining of the two halfs is not that tough to do just time consuming. Im definetly looking foward to start on the customising stuff.

14. The black 37? I agree. That chop rules. It is just right.

The 37-39 roof is shorter stock than a 40 and later roof I believe. right?

15. linkstar69

linkstar69

Subscribed along for the ride

16. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

You are correct, the 37_39 zephyr is 2.5 lower then the 40_41 zephyr. Thats where I got the amount I wanna chop my 41. the 37-39 zephyrs have nice roof lines and I feel the window opening would look great on the 41.

17. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I always loved the Hersti 41 Zephyr but I have a feeling yours is going to be much cooler.

Attached Files:

18. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

Skoty, Your thinking is so original. Does the 41 sedan have the same wheelbase as the three window? I'd think twice about cutting and gluing two plastic models much less do it in all metal. Thanks for sharing this build early on.

19. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

I agree, hersti's car is pretty awesome.

20. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Yes they have the exact same wheel base, front clip is exactly the same, width is the same etc. The only huge difference was the body. The 41 sedan actually worked out pretty well for the coupe. If i tried to fix the rotted out coupe it would have takin me years and years to fix all that. It was good seeing you at billetproof.

21. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Scotty,

I am certain that whatever you do will be a knockout. You are realy tallented and have a great sense of design.

22. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Hey thank you buddy, i apreaciate that. Ill see you in long beach next weekend?

23. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

thats roached? shit you've obviously never been to the midwest to get a car.....

24. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Saw you this weekend cruisin in your car.

25. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

all right go man go :) The Bay area is going to be like Zephyr Mecca when we are done :)

26. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Scotty, was that you riding shotgun in a white pick-up in Costa Mesa on Sunday afternoon? I saw you (I think) and waved. I was thinkin' that looked like Scotty but, can't be cause he aint from around here.

Are in town for a few days? If you are PM me, I'd like to get yo by our shop.

John

27. Your Zephyr is going to be awesome Skoty, I know it! Can't wait to see more progress. Thanks for sharing.

28. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Haha, ya i was in town for my anniversary with my wife. I took her to disneyland for the weekend. I back to the grind now. If i would have known you where close by we would have stopped by. Maybe next time buddy

29. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Haha! Crazy how many zephyrs are in the bay area or norcal. Lets count
    you have 2 zephyrs 41 and 39
    i have my 41 and the 39 we are doing
    henry with his 37
    dave has a 37 and a 38
    james hetfield has his 38 at hollenbecks and a 37 4 door sedan
    my buddies dad has a 37
    a guy from santa rosa has a 37
    rudy with his green 38 i believe
    41 in santa cruz
    37 in fresno
    thats 14 zephyrs that i can think of right now in norcal. Pretty crazy.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  30. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Looks like another wicked ride! Great job so far.