Register now to get rid of these ads!

1941 plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jessie.bor, Aug 23, 2010.

1. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

here is my 41 plymouth, tell me what you guys think. i plan on doing alot to this thing. going to turn it into a tail dragger. next on the list of things to do it lower it. whats my best option on the front to lower it? i would like to update the brakes also is there is a kit to do both?

anyways pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

damn i like it the way it is now lol , cool car

3. TomWar

TomWar

Between 1944 and 1946, I rode all the way across the USA on the shelf of one like that. Washington DC. to Texas, to Missouri, to Northern Calif.

4. cut 1 1/2 coil for 3" drop. lowering blocks in rear.

5. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

Already done. It has four inch blocks in the rear. Im going to mono leaf it for now in the rear to get more. I think im going to flip the spindles up front to get a huge drop and put stock springs back in. or I might just bag it now and be done with it.

6. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

Thanks for the tip on eci totally what im going to do.

7. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

For sure chopping it. It looks fine now but layed out im sure the roof will look huge.

8. Faucet

Faucet
    from Atlanta

You can read a lot of good stuff on the forum at www.p15-d24.com. Several folks, including myself, are members of that site as well. It's dedictaed to the OLD mopars. You will find a ton of info on the site about everything pertaining to your car. I am about to install Oldaddy's kit on my '47 Dodge sedan. Dropping it with a set of 3" dropped uprights from Fatman Fabrications and putting bags on all four corners and 4 linking the rear. I plan on sitting low. I have heard mixed things about ECI. Look up the posts from Don Coatney on the other forum. Very knowledgable gentleman with a very bad experience with their parts and service.

9. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

That car looks horrible!!!:D:D:D:D

Seriously though this is a super nice car in person. No rust what so ever super solid body. Its a business coupe too!!! I am very jealous. I cant wait until you chop it.

Hey Rik any ideas on a Westergard style custom?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  10. farmer12

farmer12

Congratulations! That's one fine car Jessie! This was "bigfive"s car right? I wondered where that went to. Great to see its in good hands with another Hamber. On my car, the previous owner went with a simple bag set up on the front and c notched the rear and bagged that as well. I cut all of that out and went the harder/expensive way and installed a m2 on the front. On the rear I fabricated new mounts and installed a 4 link. You can go both ways of course, depending on your needs and budget. I'll be following this build for sure! Good luck!

Attached Files:

11. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

Yeah I have been watching your build from day one, kind of why I jumped on this one I have now. Do you h Aave any pictures of the old bag setup that was on there?

12. Jessie, nice looking 41, btw its got 1940 headlight surrounds but thats o/k.......lol........have attached a couple of pics of my 41 Coupe, its a RHD car from sth Africa & the 1940 Dodge is an Oz sedan, I've had it since 1971 & its been rodded since 1973, The Plymouth is lowered by 1 cut coil in front & 2" blocks in back.......btw you mentioned flipping the spindles, don't think that will work very well but Fatman Fabrications have a dropped spindle setup that will lower it a few inches, also there are a few brake upgrades available as mentioned, anyway welcome to mopar land.........Andy Douglas

Attached Files:

13. farmer12

farmer12

Jessie, these are the only pics I have showing the old set up. Up front was done quite simple with some steel plates welded on the lower arms and the top of the bag dissappearing in the cavity where the springs used to be. As you can see in one pic, the frame has "z'ed" as well in order to lay the car flat on the ground. In the rear its been c-notched with bag supports welded on. He used a panhard bar and two massive lower arms that looked more like train tracks to keep the rear axle in place. (in combination with the panhard of course.) He also added long shocks with a lot of travel. Hope this helps a little bit.

Attached Files:

14. farmer12

farmer12

Also check out "47 plymouth build" post nr 43 showing some great pics. Not sure, but the 47 front end looks to be very similar to a 41.

15. 51ChevPU

51ChevPU
    from Arizona

The 41 is in great shape to start with. This should be a fun build to watch...

16. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Jessie what color do you have planned for it?

17. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

Gloss black with some gold power added. Thanks for all the complaments and info guys.

18. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Gold powder? Who puts that shit in their paint? Hahahaha
    That's going to look good

19. desertdroog

desertdroog

Nice car to start with. Should be a great looking ride when you tailor it to your needs.

20. farmer12

farmer12

Hey Jessie, how are you progressing? This is going to be one cool car. Got any more pics?

21. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

No progress just trying to work out title issues. After I get that paper work stuff done game on.

22. bigfive

bigfive
    from south L.A.

yo jessie. the pink slip is in my hands. been trying to call u and i've emailed you. whats the deal. i can have this in the mail tmrw. call me 310.755.5466

23. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the club, Jessie.

24. bigfive

bigfive
    from south L.A.

anyone know how to get ahold of jessie? been trying to call him but no luck?

25. bigfive

bigfive
    from south L.A.

Jessie u need to call me asap!

26. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Bump for info from Big Five.

27. bigfive

bigfive
    from south L.A.

so i looks like jessie is trying to dodge me? i've called him, text him, pmed, emailed, and stopped by his house. this car is still in my name, and he still owes me money. if u know him, please tell him to do the right thing and call me.

28. bigfive

bigfive
    from south L.A.

still waiting for that call jessie. i know times are hard but i need the money too and u agreed that deal. u need to make an effort to call me.

29. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Sounds to me like a repo is in order there Bigfive.

30. bigfive

bigfive
    from south L.A.

jessie, please just call me so we can talk.