Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1941 Nash hotrod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dynaflash_8, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

did more today. The fenders are completely mounted now, and the front grill got braced in a little more. Started wiring it for the last time, and finishing up the little detail stuff like lights, gauges, ect...

Hoping to have it done soon!

Attached Files:

2. Reverend_Jack

Reverend_Jack

I was hoping you'd post some pictures a little better than the cell phone shots.

Did you Rhinoline the floor?

And I think it's kinda funny that your speedo maxes at 80. I think we may be pushing a little bit harder than that...

3. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

actually bo, its "herculiner" :p

Yea, i know bout the speedo, but i was a spare larry had for the peterbilt, and i didnt pay for it :D

4. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Ill be posting up a new video of the motor runnin with that hot cam in it soon. Wanna talk about somthing that sounds amazing?

Thank you to everyone on the hamb. I read through this often reading the praise and good words you people have to say, and it really gives me the get up and go to actually go out and work on the thing.

5. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

for the day boys

6. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Day boys

7. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

It's good to see a young guy doing all his own work. Right or wrong, you did it. If it's wrong you will be the first one to know. I wish my teenage sons would get off their dead asses and get out in the garage. My kids have the best opportunity in the world to build Hot Rods, they just don't want to mess with them. It's a shame too, we have cars and trucks in the garage that ANY kid would kill for. They won't touch them.

Good job, keep up the good work.

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

8. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

I got my lugnuts to mount my tires, and picked up a set of low profile 14s for the front. I also got a mallory Dualpoint for the 305, and another complete 305 for $30! Gotta love swapmeets. Heres some pics of the American Racing wheels on the car.

Attached Files:

9. Reverend_Jack

Reverend_Jack

Those look great! I especially like the picture of our dog lookin a little scared at the back of it.

10. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i love em, but the lugnuts were extreamly expensive!

11. 62rebel

62rebel

this car, and the NJ fella handmaking a coupe, are proof that rodding aint DEAD. kudos! not many folks can turn a what-the-fuck-is-that into a damn-thats-cool-i-want-one-too, but you sure did. i was into oddball cars when they were still new.....

12. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

HA! IT MOVES ON ITS OWN, AND DRIVES (kinda) Just recieved this picture in an email. Its about 2 weeks old.

[​IMG]

13. Reverend_Jack

Reverend_Jack

Sad I missed this. The best part is the heads all turned lookin at ya from behind.

14. Gigantor

Gigantor

Can't believe I missed this thread. Awesome work dude, you should be proud as all hell. That photo is priceless ^^^^... especially with all the heads turned.

15. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

NUTS! awesome dude. love the photos. I guess it helps to have a bucket loader! Slim

16. whisky runner

whisky runner

wow kid great car!!! you sure do have the hot rod fever. back in da 60's i built my cars in da yard from what ever a 35.00 a week job, trading, working on others cars, and a (costly)midnight shopping spree could get me...keep the posts coming..if your dad aint proud of ya dont worry i sure am

17. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Took my momma for a ride down the road in it last night. I could hardly hear her over the exhaust, but she was laughing her head off!!! I romped on it, and all i could her was her scream!

She loves it!!!!!!

Hahahahaha.

i also got my windsheild in. Cannablized the window rubber from an old peterbilt out back, and it fits perfectly!!!

Got my lights 100% wired in, but my regulator took a shit on me, so there goes $50 =(

18. 54 savoy

54 savoy

W.T.F. awsome car,and a great job doing it.i'd be amazed if you were fifty,can't wait for your next build now that you've learned how to do it,lol,

19. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Thanks for all the kind words. Just bought a 48" shear and a 48" brake from my neighbor for $500. Both were in a fire, but work great!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heres the lights, windshield, and rubber!

[​IMG]

20. gotra66

gotra66

You can adopt ME!!!

21. Brittany Ghoul

Brittany Ghoul
    from enumclaw

OoooOooo. Might still have to hold the battery in by foot, but at least now goggles aren't neccesary! =) Looks good Marmy

22. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Well ladies and gentlemen, here it is. Done to the point of driveability.

Still far from DONE, but its a driver now.

Attached Files:

23. BoulevardBomber

BoulevardBomber

Ok, Gonna send you my eighteen year old son for a year or two, teach him, then he can come back and teach his old man how to weld. Very Impressive! I am sure your dad is proud, I raced stock cars in the early 80's, my dad would never come see me, but before he passed 2 years ago, he said " Hey Mike, I thought your stock car was very cool, but your mom was so nervous, I couldn't take the aggrevation" Keep up the good work !

24. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Thats a really neat story!

Thanks for the kind words.

25. What's really cool is the Nash made the run all the way from P'yup down to Chehalis and back with no troubles at all (and we have pics to prove it!). That, sir, is a tribute to your wrenching and fabricating skills.

26. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Well here she is again, after a good summers run.

Put about 1000 miles on it since i got it done-ish. Only had minor problems, as you can see in the pick. Had a tire blow out, but got a spare, and got home. Thats my brother walkin and his girly in the truck.
    Plans for the winter are to finish the little stuff i have left, and maybe even start on some bodywork and a nice coat of paint!

As long as its sunny, ill be driving it. Also planning a motor swap. Im thinkin of a solid lifter cammed 283. HMMMMM

Cheers!

Attached Files:

27. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Im up for adoption too, im a bit older than the average kid but i dont mind
    having a weekly pay and a garage full of old cars. I'll be waitin for your call dad! :D

Bullshit apart, good job w/ the Nash, its nice to see somebody puttin a lot of effort on a car that most would say dont bother!
    Winner to me!

28. motorhead711

motorhead711

Good job...keep it going kid!

29. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Heres some artsy photos while waiting for a trailer.

The rear axle is toast. With that comes a new motor!!!!

Its gonna be a 283 chev, 194 powerpack heads, M22 4 speed, and a 12 bolt posi!!!!

Say goodbye 305!!!

Attached Files:

30. Blew the rear already, eh? I'm still dragging ass with my project - so many things competing for my time these days (I need a darned soccer coach/ yard crew/ plumber/ carpenter on retainer around here)... looking to try and paint my exhaust manifold this weekend, and maybe (just maybe) start workin' on the Strombergs.