Register now to get rid of these ads!

1941 Mercury A19 Coupe

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by David 1941 Mercury, Feb 18, 2019.

1. David 1941 Mercury

David 1941 Mercury
    from Bryan, TX

I am just looking for some help. I have to apply for a bonded title on my project. Can anyone help me I need the location of the VIN on my 41 Mercury Coupe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.My name is David and this is my first PreWar coupe build.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. As an owner of a 41 Mercury myself, a Convertible, the location of your VIN is on the top left frame rail behind the front crossmember and before the steering box. If your fame is greasy or rusty, you will need to do some scrapping to find the numbers. It should start out with a star, then 99A a dash, then a series of numbers, then another star. On Fords, starting with 1932, and Mercurys, starting in 1939, the VIN is stamped in 3 places, only the one in the engine compartment is visible, the other two are stamped on the same side, but they are hidden under the body, in the middle and just over the differential. I hope this helps. Good luck.
    By the way, I would like to sell my 41 Mercury Convertible project, which comes with a lot of extra parts. Thank you, David

David 1941 Mercury likes this.
  3. Dave,
    Actually, the VIN number should start out with 19A. 99A is for a 1939 Mercury.

David 1941 Mercury likes this.
  4. David 1941 Mercury

David 1941 Mercury
    from Bryan, TX

Thanks for the information. How much for the Convertible Project?What kind of extra parts?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app