Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW MERCH!!!!!!

Hey guys... It's that time of the year again and we are introducing some new shirts in the Jalopy Journal store - including our first ever pocket shirt! So, if you are in the need for some new threads go here:
    The Jalopy Journal Store
    Dismiss Notice

Projects 1941 Merc custom

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Black Clover Custom, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Black Clover Custom

Black Clover Custom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We know the 216 is toast. I wont trust the 235 he got unless the machine shop says its good... So i found a running 261 that is on a test stand. Looking tmrw. Only issue is it falls flat when you give it gas. May need the carb rebuilt. We will see. Otherwise good oil pressure and sounds great with no ticking... 500 bucks. Time to see if i can get an adapter for it. Research time. He wants to be able to get it on the highway at least doing 55. So maybe some gears out back to help. Dual master for safety. Stovebolt website had some good info on what you need to do to convert it.
    My 41 is still going strong but a bit slower now. Wife wants divorce. Lots to juggle.

2. Geez BBC.. good news - then bad. Hang in there!
    That COE is cool, but '41 Mercs is cooler!! ;)

Dave

Black Clover Custom likes this.
  3. Black Clover Custom

Black Clover Custom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No divorce. Alot of welding happening on my car in between the 46 coe.

brEad and slim38 like this.
  4. :)
    Picture update please.. Or is the welding incidental stuff? Progress is progress.. ;)

Dave

5. Black Clover Custom

Black Clover Custom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah lots of little pieces here and there. Will get a pic of the doesnt look like progress progress...Ha.

rodncustomdreams likes this.
  6. Black Clover Custom

Black Clover Custom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dropped body back on the chassis but i had to cut out the rear crossmember section of the f;loor. Didnt realize that a stock floor wont work with a dropped rear, duh! Haha. Easy cut. Body fits on the chassis really nice and all mounting holes are dead on. Lots of measuring seems to work before lots of cutting and welding.
    Time to make that hole disappear in the trunk. Shaping time. 002.JPG 003.JPG

7. Looking good. Progress is always welcomed by all