Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1941 Lincoln

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alphabet soup, Apr 11, 2020.

1. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My buddy had a customer bring a non- running car to his shop. A 1941 Lincoln Conv. V-12. He got the engine straightened out. He was in the middle of buttoning things up and noticed that although it was a 6-V system. It was wired NEG ground. The repair manual the owner has, doesn't really say. It just shows a group of lines for the battery in the wiring diagram. I think we deducted, the short line is NEG and the long line is POS. If so, NEG ground is right. It just seems wrong. Any thoughts from you guy's??? Thanks, Gene.

2. BJR

BJR

My Motors Manual says all Lincoln V12 cars are Negative ground.

3. wow....interesting....very interesting..........

Texas Webb likes this.
  4. Crawl under and follow the wires back. Ground will go to something on the chassis. Positive May go to the starter.
    My wife’s 33 is wired this way. Ground to the transmission. Positive to the starter.

5. fordpatina

fordpatina

I think the ground goes tho the + Of the battery

6. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the replies...we were thinking NEG ground. But it went against what we thought we knew. Gene. OH, and Happy Easter....

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020