Register now to get rid of these ads!

1941 Fords! Stand up and be counted!! Put your pics here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Norrland, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Chad s

Chad s

His profile even says he has a 41 ford convertible. I don't think thats a fair claim!

2. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

I've never been a fan of 41's but this one has changed my mind.

3. Rikster

Rikster

I think this is the Winfield HT during its reconstruction...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

Here's my next project. I just brought it home and it's still on the trailer.

Attached Files:

5. TinWolf

TinWolf
    from Sweden

This picture is taken outside Gene Winfields shop in late 1989 or early 1990 . Both cars were a colaboration between Genes crew and the owners them self , Jim and Jim junior . Jim later sold the carson -41 and built the Black Dhalia -36 Ford and junior built a -51 with a buick dash ! Anyway I worked at Gene at the time and did acouple of hours on the hardtop after it was chopped and the father and son team picked up the BODY and 2 weeks later they came driving down to the shop like this , that was amazing ! The hardtop started as a busniess coupe and Gene and body man Dave added the long clubcoupe doors to give it nice proportions !
    I think "Hotrod in Norco" owned it for a while after junior sold it !
    Wolf

6. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

Thanks man! I had that truck almost 15 years now. Time flies!

monkey

7. gas41

gas41

heres mine channelled 12 inchs

Attached Files:

8. You better not chop it unless you're pretty small!

9. thanks, Now I REALLY wished I hadn't sold it :mad:

10. Chad s

Chad s

Hey Wolf, so the hard topped car was not a a car that Winfield built in the 1950's, but done in the late 80's/early 90's?

11. docholiday72tx

docholiday72tx

What are you guys doing about the dash boards and guages?

12. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

....I had a butchered 41 dash in mine, so I took it out and put in a 46 dash....it's not finished, but you get the idea...[​IMG]...here's another bad shot of it...[​IMG]

13. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

cool ass pictures

14. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's my sedan from a few years ago

Attached Files:

15. phat rat

phat rat

I'm going to be seeing the present owner in the next 2-3 weeks and will ask about it. I was sure it was done way back when. Maybe I was wrong.

16. Rikster

Rikster

Al Turner took these photos... another mystery solved...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And these tailpipes..... not my cup of thee either...

[​IMG]

17. phat rat

phat rat

well I certainly stand corrected.

18. Chad s

Chad s

Thanks Rik! I had a feeling the car was not a 50's build, it just has a few details that make it seems as though it was more recent. I also think had it been build back then, and by Winfield, it would have drawn a lot of attention, and have become quite well known, as it is one of the very few (and maybe only successfully done) hard-topped 41-48 fords.

The way the door tops meet the A pillars, the (molded in) lakes pipes, it just looked like a more recent build.

Regardless, it has a beautiful profile, and I like the car, however, I could definitely do without the dummy spots and lakes pipes.

Imagine this car with a stance like the Lopez 41 (not air ride low!), WWW bias ply's, caddy sombrero or hollywood flipped wheel covers, and a darker eggplant, maroon, or even Sam Barris gold paint job! Maybe I'll build it one day!

19. TinWolf

TinWolf
    from Sweden

Hi Chad !
    I started at Genes in the fall of 1989 possibly november , it was acouple of weeks after the earthquake around SanFransisco and when I got there the car was already chopped and the front and rear windows were flushfit with eighties S10 rubber , that was a big thing there at the time . Dave (the body man at Genes) told me they cut the top down using the large radiouses around the rear window on the original business coupe and removed the B-post and mover the lower part of the B-post back to fit the clubcoupe doors . Jim and Jim junior were quite good mecanics them selfs so I guess they only wanted Gene to do the major body work and they did the finetune in the floor themselfs , my guess is that it was made during 1989 but to know Jim or Gene needs to be asked for the real story .
    Wolf

20. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

DEFINATELY qualifies for inclusion in one or all of the "ugliest car" threads. And he's from around here. Yikes!

21. Anyone have pis of one with the side grills filled instead of the center?It seems like it would work.

22. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

......Man....I looked through all my pix and couldn't find one.....but if you look for an add for Gennie shifters in almost any Rod magazine, they have one as their logo........

23. Oh yea,I forgot about thier logo.Looks good enough to do for real.

24. daddio211

daddio211

Well here's mine... :) Not anything NEAR the customs already shown here, pretty much an old survivor with a few tricks. And its for sale in the HAMB classifieds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  25. J.D.

J.D.
    from Clovis, CA

Here's mine
    [​IMG]

26. My son bought his on eBay from some guy from Fla. First thing it did when they unloaded it from the truck was the steering column dropped. After fixing that we installed power brakes and noticed how butchered the frame was. It has a Nova clip and no cross members other then the tranny cross member and the rails are buckled.
    The kid is collecting parts and has a 327 to replace the enemic 305 in it now. He just missed out on a 41 frame on eBay the other day. Whoever built this car is no builder. It truly is a RAT.
    [​IMG]

27. firemangordy

firemangordy

I bought it 10 years ago from the family of the original owner because it was just like my dad's first car.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  28. JRRoberts

JRRoberts
    from Madison WI

Here is a couple of my dads. 302, C4, 9inch......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. J.D.how about some more pics?

30. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Here are mine.
    The coupe will be at Sep 20 BilletProof driven by new owner.
    Chop and other custom mods were done in 1959.
    The 41 pickup is my daily parts getter.

Attached Files: