Register now to get rid of these ads!

1941 Ford PU

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by metalman, May 5, 2017.

1. metalman

metalman

City: Albuquerque

State: New Mexico
    Price: 15,000
    I bought this project truck from an estate sale with the intention to finish and flip but I'm burnt out, short of time and funds, just don't feel like doing it now, maybe someone here will take it over. What I got: 41 1/2 ton PU. Nice sheet metal. Really nice by old truck standards this was a straight, solid old truck. Very little rust, patched what little there was except one small hole under the cab still needs to be done. Original owner had cut out the firewall and part of the floor, I built new ones except the tranny cover still needs to be done. No bed, I was going to buy a new one (cost effective to do so), sold the original to a RR. Other then the patch mentioned and a little more tweaking on the hood it's pretty much ready for a little filler , primer and paint, the metal work is for the most part done. Nice fenders, near perfect doors.
    Chassis was built by the previous owner. Nice rust free frame. Pretty normal street rod fair, Mustang II front end with 11" disks and a power rack, 9" rear axle hung on looks to be a Chassis Engineering leaf spring kit. Has a 302 Ford Windsor, C4 automatic already installed. The widow had no idea condition of the motor so I pulled the heads, looks to be a fresh never ran .030 rebuild. Has an Eldelbrock manifold, no idea on what cam, no carb or exhaust. C4 is clean, I assume it's rebuilt as well be don't know.
    Truck is mostly complete. Has a new Drakes grill, rechromed bumpers, chrome:confused: running boards (ya know their straight!) nice original gauge cluster. Missing headlight doors, hood mouldings (waterfall is there), tail lights. Will need a radiator, pedal/ master assy, motor assy, exhaust, wiring, plumbing, glass and upholstery, does have the stock seat. No steering column or wheel. Clean NM title.
    Overall, this is a good project. Hard work is done and it is a desirable 40/41 Ford truck. At this point I just want to cash out, asking price is what I have in it to date. Price is firm, I will not take a loss on it. I feel like it's fair, reality if you subtract the value of the new parts and work already done the truck itself is a bargain especially considering the condition of the metal.
    DSC_0170 (1).JPG DSC_0171 (1).JPG DSC_0173 (1).JPG DSC_0176 (1).JPG .

PeterG likes this.