Register now to get rid of these ads!

1941 Ford LIMOUSINE - ever SEEN ONE ??? HERE SHE IS !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skipperman, Jul 9, 2010.

1. I'll chime in with this. Starting in 1941 Siebert started building extended Ford truck chassis funeral service and emergency vehicles known as the Aristocrat line. The Landau model could be converted in minutes to either a service car, ambulance or funeral coach. You don't have a landau car. It was also offered as a straight hearse or ambulance which you don't seem to have either. The other models offered that year were a limousine and ambulance or limousine tripple purpose coach. I believe you have one of those. Which ever model you have its quite rare as less than four thousand vehicles from ALL coach builders ( S&S, Henney, Flixible, Miller, Superior, Meteor, ect.) were made that year.

2. skipperman

skipperman

Thanks to alll that chimed in ...... keep in mind-- there are NO PENETRATIONS for a siren, lights, etc anywhere on the body....... that's why I'm still thiking LIMO with the jump seats gone ...... and for all youze guys that seem to know yer stuff.. ( here it comes) ..... anybody wanna' guess a REALISTIC VALUE on her ???????????

....... jersey Skip

3. skipperman

skipperman

Yea...ply wood from the driver seat to mid-rear floor pan ...... and WHERE DID THAT BROCHURE of the hearse options come from ?????? Any available scans of the AMBULANCE options ?? OR THE LIMO OPTIONS ??????

....... jersey Skip

4. rgaller

rgaller

I would say $2-3k. 1941 Fords weren't exactly visual treats, and you would need to find the right person who collects old funeral cars.

5. [​IMG]
    Here's another rare one in Alberta, a 1951 Plymouth Limo with 6 sunroofs!

6. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

OMG,your still going on about this hearse?

7. FredLS3

FredLS3
    from Michigan

Skipperman asked for more pictures. Here are more Siebert catalog pages.

Attached Files:

8. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Skip ,,why not fix it up as a Limo for weddings and prom dances .If anyone still does that.Specialty vehicles are at a premium for those occasions. SKIPS LIMO SERVICE LOL !

9. howco

howco

Window openings on the sides don't seem to line up....

10. sololobo

sololobo

What a cool car, hope you are able to hang on to that prize machine. What a blast to own. Everywhere that baby goes it will be a scene. Congrats, thanx for showing it. ~Sololobo~

11. You'd be best served advertising it on any of several commercial car forums, if you are seriously looking to sell for what you can reasonably expect to get for it. To any of us here, probably what you paid is what you can expect to get. To a funeral car enthusiast, add 50% or more - again, this without knowing what you gave for it, which is no one's business, anyway.

It would make a neat ride for the cruise! Stick six large, cushy late-model SUV seats in it, and hire it out for weddings and such. Or, hire the stilt-walker at the circus for a day at the car show, and let him demonstrate the amazing rear seat legroom for the crowds!

12. sawzall

sawzall

spent a few minutes at the philadelphia free library today.. searching their online archives (for something else mind you) I ran across this.
    [​IMG]

different car, but same purpose I bet.. milmont fire is in Delaware county pa if I recall correctly

13. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

What do you mean 'different car', looks like a 41' to me.

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

white one started with a 4 door, black one was a 2 door.

15. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

airport limos had a sh*t load of doors, that looks like executive butt hauler.

16. Whatever it is, it's too cool. There is a company here that uses vintge limos for weddings, graduations etc., so there might be some interesting uses for it, but I think it needs to be a unique "Hot Rod Limo".:cool::D:D:p

17. CorvairJim

CorvairJim

Skipperman: A friend of mine just mentioned finding this thread after seeing a car I posted on another website. I thought you might want to see it, especially since it's right near where you live, on a used car lot in Riverside, NJ:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This car looks very similar to the one you posted. It, too, has a back seat W-A-Y in the back with nothimng else betewwn it and the front seat - no provision for any other seating, including jump seats, that I could see.

18. CorvairJim

CorvairJim

:eek: Oops... I just looked at the original photos again and realized that the car I was looking at is THE SAME CAR! Small world, isn't it.

19. skipperman

skipperman

Yea man ... that's the place I manage ........ just a bunch of hot rodders havin' fun !!!!

....... jersey Skip

20. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

True limosines have a division glass between driver and passenger compartments.
    Seven Passenger sedans were longer wheelbase than standard sedans and usually have jumpseats behind the driver for extra passenger capacity and no division glass.
    Airport limosines have multiple doors, as many as 8 or 10.
    The 41 Ford here is probably a low-buck Funeral Service car. I've seen these in 42-48 Fords as well.