Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1941 Chevy Dually help?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Coneboy, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Coneboy

Coneboy

I'm finally getting started on my '41 now that the snow is gone. I've got a factory 9ft bed from a '52 GMC, but....with the dually wheels, the bed is about 2" too wide. I really don't want to cut this up if I don't have to. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find 2" wheel spacers for a 10 x 7.25 bolt pattern? If I add the 2" to each side, that will still give me 1" between the bed and the tires. That should be plenty since I'm running 8.25-20 tires on the rear and these puppies don't flex much (if any). If I can't find any, I will be looking for a good machine shop (or someone with the capability in their shop) to make 2 for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. BrownCow1992

BrownCow1992
    from joliet il

Check ebay someone will have them I cpnverted my ford 5x5.5 to 5x4.5 and were inch and a half wide

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. toxic waste

toxic waste
    from Iowa

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

These will likely need to be made. What others seem to be missing is that this is a TEN LUG on 7-1/4" pattern.

As far as I know, there is no current application for this pattern, and thus, no current demand.

The pattern was last used almost a decade ago, and just on the Chevy/GMC 3500HD. Not super common spacer territory.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. toxic waste

toxic waste
    from Iowa