Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1941 Buick sedanette

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by McPhail, Sep 15, 2014.

1. McPhail

McPhail

City: Wichita

State: Kansas
    Price: 38000
    1941 Buick sedanette. Originally a Michigan car but migrated to California sometime in the 70's. I got the car with 40 something thousand original miles. Drove it for several years with stock drivetrain and cut coils. started upgrading a couple years ago and it blew up into a full on frame off job. here's what we did and what it has now.
    suspension..... Fatman MustangII tubular A arm frontend with coils and shocks. Disc brakes in front. not power steering, I wanted more road feel. rebuilt Ford 9 inch in back with new Pete and Jake's drum brakes. rear is bagged and step notched. rear is suspended with 2 link system with panhard bar. Brakes are power with all new lines and hoses. frame is painted semigloss black.
    drivetrain and mechanical..... Freshly rebuilt Buick 401. new waterpump, fuelpump, belts, hoses etc.... HEI distributor, new edelbrock 4 barrell. stock exhaust manifolds with all new exhaust and Smitty's mufflers. Aluminum radiator . rebuilt buick 400 turbo trans. very clean stock fuel tank with filler neck relocated to trunk. new fuel lines. engine painted Olds Gold. Vintage Air under dash AC unit with polished compressor. fenderwells and firewall painted. repro Caddy air cleaner painted gloss black. Alan Grove brackets. everything painted and finished. new driveshaft.
    Interior..... Restored stock steering wheel. three on the tree shifter converted to automatic shifter. dash and window garnish moldings painted gloss black. lotsa firewall holes filled and a lot of Dynamat used before new custom carpet was installed. insulation on top of Dynamat. seats, headliner and doorpanels all new upholstery with thick horizontal pleats. Stock gold engine turned guage plate and glovebox door were in really good shape so they were left alone. chrome on dash is in really good shape as well. Speedometer has a broken part so it does not work. I had it apart to try to rig it back but to no avail. stock oil pressure guage works with the new engine just fine. converted stock lightswitch to 12 volt as well as ignition key. water temp is a single after market guage mounted under dash next to airbag controls. Didn't rewire gas guage as I had planned to get all guages out this winter and send them to Classic Instruments to have them updated. new sill plates and inner 'running board' rubber.
    Body....... rust repair, this car started it's life out in Michigan and went to California so the rust was in weird locations, we replaced inner rocker structure and rockers, we repaired rear inner fenderwell rust, where the rear fenders meet with the body inside the trunk, we replaced rusted body mounts and installed all new body mount rubber and bolts. the floor was surprisingly rust free. there was still shiny paint under the carpet and stock 1941 insulation. same for the metal above the stock headliner that we replaced. the underside of the doors are still shiny stock paint. front and rear bumpers are still stock but have been brought in and lowered. front fender turn signals and chrome removed. headlights frenched. hood ornament and emblems shaved. taillights are frenched 52 Buick lenses. rear trunk emblem removed but stock latch and handle stayed on with tag light assembly. door rubber replaced. Car had black lacquer paint when I got it so Jeff Myers spotted in Black Lacquer over the repaired areas. we wanted it to kinda look like an old found Kustom so the lacquer made sense. it has it's scratches and "patina", but it's still shiny. didn't want to totally repaint it and the stock glass was still in great shape so we left it alone. windows roll up and down great. the only area of this body I have issue with is the rear fenders. they were repaired sometime in the 70's and they were brazed onto the body and a liberal amount of bondo was used. I had planned to just find another set of rear fenders and replace them when we started tear down for the final repaint.
    I can be reached via call or text at 620 399 3440. I'm willing to listen to all viable, serious offers. I'm also willing to discuss partial trades, especially those of the 49-52 chevy variety.

Attached Files:

Nomadness likes this.
  2. McPhail

McPhail

bump. listening to all offers....... 620 399 3440.....