Register now to get rid of these ads!

1941-48 Ford-what works well for a back seat?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56KUSTOM, Mar 8, 2012.

1. My '41/'46 convert will eventually get a carson style top but never a folding one.I didn't get a stock seat with it anyway so I'm wondering what the options are that will fit.

2. 65' T-Bird works. It has that nice wrap around back seat.I'd keep an eye out for an original too. They really are comfortable.

3. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

i used a 70s monte carlo in my 47 coupe. i would think it would be the same a convert. Im with 550 tho a tbird would be sweet.

4. craftscustoms

craftscustoms

I have a custom made one in mine, just plywood , foam, upholstered to match. Mine is chopped about 3" with a carson style top, non folding. I'm not sure but I think the convertible seat may be narrower because of the wells beside the seat for the top to fold into.

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

I used to own a 46 Ford convertible, I believe the rear seat was out of a 70's Olds Cutlass.

6. Thanks guys! Anyone else have some input?

7. This is a back seat from a 98 Chevy Venture-split and both sides will fold flat if you need them-top can be trimmed off and head rests removed when you upholster it.

Attached Files:

8. I think i'll try to find a stock one from a coupe or sedan to go full width.I like the old spring style (when they're not broken).

9. I found a T Bird and then decided to sell it and build my own (yet to be finished).

10. The T-bird one would probably work if you took the middle out of it, I had one in a '50 Chevy fastback and it was a tad too wide for that. Which, the top is three pieces so it's not hard to do.

Honestly I would just measure and go hit a you-pull yard and see what I could find. You'll probably find lots where the lower fits, but the upper portion is liable to be narrower.