Register now to get rid of these ads!

1940's pickup from Australia

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by oldscl, Mar 6, 2016.

1. oldscl

oldscl

WP_20160227_002.jpg Hi all,

Just a quick (re)introduction after finally settling on a project and have some direction.

After selling my 55 Chevy, I have been on the lookout for a new project. Something a bit older, that would be covered under our hot rod legislation down here in Australia.

I have just recently acquired what appears to be a '42-'47' cabin and 1940 pickup chassis. (based off previous threads)
    The chassis came with a front end from a similar project, and appears to fit well. It is a Superbell dropped axle with split wishbones. And a meaty front spring.
    I am still trying to identify everything and will post over in the other forums for that.

I have lined up a 55 Buick 322 Nailhead, box and diff and I will see what I can re-use.

For the rest of the pick-up, I would like to go full fendered and that will most probably mean fiberglass re-pops for the guards etc.

No doubt I will be asking for your input, and I have already scoured the site for all things 40's pickups.

brind likes this.