Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1940 truck frame same as 1940 sedan frame?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Alex Yohnk, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

well..........is the '40 ford truck frame the same as the sedan??

2. 52lomofo

52lomofo

i beleive 35-40 is the same not sure about the truck one ??

3. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

I used a sedan frame under a '40 truck that I owned some years ago.I removed the sedan body mounts from the side of the frame rails and it worked out fine.I'm not 100% certain but I think the body mount brackets on the sedan frame are the only difference.The mounts are riveted to the frame just in front of the rear kick up.Hope this helps.

4. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

Yes the truck and car frames are the same from 35 - 40. The only difference is the the car frame has body mount riveted to the frame near the rear section just in front of the rear axle.

The frame was changed in mid 36 at the rear cross member that is not big deal.

5. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

YEP same except body mounting holes.

6. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

And if you need the sedan body mounts for a pickup frame I just so happen to have a set!

7. manyolcars

manyolcars

Car and pickup appear to be the same (except the car body mounts) but the pickup was 10 gauge, car was 11 gauge.

Dont let that stop you from using a car frame for a pickup

8. 41 pickup is also the same. 35-40 car and 35-41 pickup all the same

9. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

The shop we purchase our 35-40 rails from has pu specific rails. I compared them to his car rails and they have the same overall demensions but there are some holes in different spots.

10. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

I would have to agree with you on that.

I have a pickup frame under my sedan and needs some patch panels for the side rail.

I order them from one of the Co. that make them just for the 35 to 40 ford frame and they were suppose to be 11 gauge but the were thinner then the rest of the frame. I called that co. and they said they were right and all frames were 11 gauge. I guess they were wrong.