Register now to get rid of these ads!

1940 Mercury

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by solo_909, Nov 25, 2020.

1. solo_909

solo_909

City: Martinez

State: California
    Price: 28
    Well I’m sad to say it has to go. I was laid off last week due to the corona. Here’s what you get a solid as a rock 1940 Mercury. 1939 99a engine and transmission, 40-50k original miles on engine. dual header exhaust that exit through mellow tone exhaust. It has a Colombia rear end that’s not hooked up but I have all the parts and 12v conversion with power gen alternator and Speedway Electronic ignition. The front end is lowered by dropping the axle 1.5”, removing two leaves, reversing the eyes and adding 41 shackles. I would estimate about 4.5” of drop in the front. The rear was dropped by removing the Mercury “lifter” block, removing two or three springs and adding the 41 longer shackles. I would guess that the rear end has been dropped 5.5”. The front brakes are Boling brothers Lincoln style brakes and the rear are stock 40.
    All the gauges work but the fuel gauge reads high and the speedo runs slow. The amp meter is not accurate, but the charging system is fine. The oil pressure gauge sits at about 50 at start up and will drop to about nothing at hot idle. The headlights are 39 and just look better than the 40. They are H4 halogen. 16”x4 wheels with brand new fat white walls. Please ask your girl or your wife or both before kicking the tires. Asking 28k obo

you can see a lot more photos and a complete walk around video on my
    Instagram @51_Dragr

Attached Files:

arbs1976, Rand Man and Surfcityrocker like this.