Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1940 Merc 2 Door Sedan

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by lrs30, Feb 29, 2016.

1. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

City: Burlington

State: Kentucky
    Price: $17000
    1940 Merc 2 door Sedan, pretty rare car somewhere around 15000 built looks similar to a 40 ford but a whole lot different.
    It still has it's original 95 HP flathead and 3 speed and it runs great, no issues doesn't overheat. Extremely solid, all new cloth wrapped harness, has the rare dealer installed heater, it's not hooked up due to not having the heater hoses, but had the core tested it's fine and the fan works too. All gauges work, windows work but some could be replaced. The interior is beautiful, not original but looks period , all trim and bumper guards are with the car and in great shape, the grill is in great shape. This thing will cruise at 70 mph all day long. It has had 1 repaint in it's life, it still shines nice but is bet the paint is easily 30 years old so it has it's fair share of battle scars. This car is extremely solid all seems, gaps and such are real nice, no rot or rust thru anywhere, the tool box well in the trunk is thin but not rotted out, the running boards and door bottoms are amazing, the rubber on the running boards could used to be replaced but the look of it the way it is tells you it's original to the car so I kept it that way. The only issue I know of with the car is it has the original clutch and pressure plate and although it shfts and pulls hard I would consider replacing it just due to it's age. I have a set of 40 ford steelies to go with the car if a deal is made. I'm open to trades, pre-77 vettes, pre-69 Fords, Model A projects, glass 32 projects, Tubs, 45" Harley's, you never know hit me up.
    Hit me up via text if you want more pics and info, or wanna send pics of your trade, all I can say is no thanks.

Attached Files:

Scooterville likes this.
  2. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Back to the top, Yup, back up for sale. Just in time for Xmas

3. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

was off the shelf for a bit, back to the top

4. lrs30

lrs30