Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1940 Ford Tudor rear window regulators

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Babar40, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Babar40

Babar40
    from Florida

I pulled the original rear window regulators out of storage and found that the teeth are destroyed on the big gears. I searched for N.O.S., aftermarket and repair parts on the web but can't find anything available. Any help would be very appreciated at this point. Thanks!

2. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i doubt anyone makes repair parts for it... your best bet is to find a set from a donor vehicle...

call Bob Owens at Owens salvage in Texas, he will more than likely be able to help you

3. Babar40

Babar40
    from Florida

Thanks for your input Fiddyfour. It may be the way to go.

4. I hope you know that those regulators are designed to slide the window to the rear after it is at the top..so you can have some ventilation without rolling the window down..

5. 504640

I am begining to understand why the previous owner "fixed" the windows on my Fordy Tudor. That gives me the excuse to have the uphostery man button a removable tonneau cover from top of back seat to top of front seat. Has anybody ever seen that?

6. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Try Baxter Ford in Lawrence KS.

7. adam401

adam401

If rear fordor regs will work or have the parts to repair yours Ill give you a pair. PM me if you need em

8. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have some NORS 40 window regulators,its either two front and one rear or two rears and one front so if you are interested I will try to find them. My uncle was restoring a 40 tudor and these parts are whats left over.

9. Babar40

Babar40
    from Florida

Thank all of you for your help. I don't think the 4 doors fit the 2 door but I may be wrong. I will be happy to contact some Hambers through a pm, but all input is great to get! Thanks again.