Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1940 Ford Tudor glass help.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by thomasanonymous, Jun 29, 2018.

1. The back quarter windows were in the trunk when I bought it. I'm having a tough time getting them in
    There is a hook shape in the regulator. Does the stud in the window channels go under the hook? Mine look like they are bent outwards. Does the hook go on the inside or outside of the glass? IMG_20180629_115914.jpg IMG_20180629_115252.jpg IMG_20180629_115914.jpg IMG_20180629_115252.jpg IMG_20180629_115914.jpg

2. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't recall now but remember they were tough to install. Go in from the inside at about a 45 degree angle then hooked to channel thru little holes in inner panel and a screw then installed thru a hole to keep the reg from coming out end of channel.

3. 4tford

4tford

olscrounger is right make sure the window trim molding is off slide window in at an angle attach regulator arms in window channel slot and there is a screw that stops the regulator arms from coming out of the channel that's installed after regulator arms are in window channel then bolt regulator in place.

olscrounger likes this.
  4. My glass is in the channel. Look at the picture. Thanks.

5. 4tford. I'm trying to install the back windows.

6. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was referring to the back windows above. Slide the assembly in at an angle and attach via the holes. When in make sure to install a long screw near the top in a molding hole or install the molding or they will just fall inward. the one we did had the regs installed already and we hooked up thru the holes mentioned

7. Does the stud in the window channels go on top of the hook in the regulator or on the bottom? Does it go on the inside or outside of the glass?

8. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cant recall but recall reg and stud are inboard of the glass. Hardest part was replacing the channel matl down in the quarter. It is a two person job to install the glass. !st one took wife and I 1 1/2 hrs-2nd one 20 minutes. worked perfectly when done.

9. 4tford

4tford

That's what I was referring to the back windows.