Register now to get rid of these ads!

1940 ford truck half ton

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by dave shotsman, Apr 1, 2018.

1. dave shotsman

dave shotsman

yes my name is dave and I'm in Nebraska and I have a 1940 ford truck half ton. currently it has the orginal wheels on it which are 5 on 5.5/16 inch rim and the tire size is a 6.50-16's.i don't know the back space on these.i want to upgrade to a smoothie wheel so I need to know what size of wheel to go to and how much of a back space to go with(min./max.)these local tire/wheel places and speedway don't seem to know for some reason.my guess is a 16x7/4 inch back space.i do know the 16x8's are to much.i want to just fill up the fenders without the tires/wheels sticking out of the fender.any help would be much appreciated.thanks , dave .

2. Measure the backspace on the existing wheels and how much clearance you have to the inner fender and the outer edge of the fender. This should help you determine the size and backspace that you need. Hope these charts can help as well. Measure carefully. Once you paint, powdercoat or mount tires the wheels are yours. 07192017.jpg 07192017_0001.jpg

SMLBound and lothianwilly71 like this.
  3. Disregard those prices. This is an old form.:eek:

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  4. SMLBound

SMLBound

Great info -

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 likes this.