Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1940 Ford frame ?? same as ??

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by rockin rebel, Nov 27, 2017.

1. have a 40 ford frame. after I pulled the rotten body off, I found many bad patches and rust holes...so I but another 40 frame and it is 2" too long ?? wtf, I says to myself...Now I wonder what frame interchanges with the 40..seems, I find out my second frame is a pu..? should I do a lot of repairs ??no problem, I have been doing this 50 years and have the tools and talent to repair. or what interchanges for sure ?? I looked at some 36 frames but not the same on the front...thanks for any help..

2. flatjack

flatjack

Basic frames are the same from 35 to 40. Steering mounts, front crossmembers and clutch, brake mounts will vary, There may be other small differences, but the frame rails themselves are the same. should be no difference in length.

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  3. thanks, that was my understanding also...just want more than me thinking that

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

5. cretin

cretin

Is it a Merc frame? Although, I believe they are 4 inches longer. A bit wider as well.

scrap metal 48 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

7. eberhama

eberhama

41-48 frames look similar, and they have a 114" wheel base?

8. maneri

maneri
    from ohio

1941 ford pass -is a one only frame i believe

9. thanks guys..i also thought 41 is different...I found out that the front cross member and rad support are not the same, as the diagram shows..mystery solved....