Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1940 Ford Coupe Inspection/Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mdfrench, Jan 3, 2014.

1. mdfrench

mdfrench
    from Cary, NC

I'm going to go take a look at a 40 Ford Opera Coupe that's for sale. I've always loved the styling on these cars but I don't know that much about them. Are there any typical problem areas (primarily body and/or chassis) with these cars? Any area of that I should pay particular attention to? I'm not real concerned with the driveline but I would like to get a nice straight body. I'm not clueless about these matters but getting some extra input never hurts. If anyone has any tips or hint I'd appreciate hearing about them. Thanks

2. junkjunky

junkjunky

Check for crack in frame at first body mount especial on passenger side , and for rot from there back . In other words you gon'a have to get under that thing , hope its a good one .

3. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

1. Drip rails
    2. Tool storeage area in trunk
    3. Floors
    4. Lower quarter panels
    5. Firewall riddled with extra holes
    6. Missing parts (window garnish, dash pieces, stainess moldings, window regulators, etc.) all that little stuff gets expensive, especially if you have to get repop stuff. The more complete the car, the better!