Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1940 Dodge Coupe SOLD

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Mengestwinspeedshop, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Mengestwinspeedshop

Mengestwinspeedshop
    from Santa Rosa

City: Santa Rosa

State: California
    Price: 48k obo
    CAR HAS SOLD

Up for sale is my 1940 Dodge businessman's coupe. I have owned this car for just over 4 years and have put thousands of miles on it. I am listing it for sale because i bought a house and am moving my shop soon. I showed the car in bare metal for about 3 years before painting it and has won many awards for best chop, best custom and best in show. It was Car Kulture Deluxe magazine "Best Custom" at the West coast kustoms cruisin nationals and the koolhouse publishing featured car at the grand national roadster show. The featured article in car kulture deluxe magazine is suppose to be coming out really soon.

Here are the details about the car
    • Chopped 5 inches, has all smoked glass and working, windshield wipers chopped and working, stainless/chrome around the windshield, quarter windows and rear window, Stainless wing windows
    • 1941 lincoln (zephyr) grill, custom front splash pan
    • Custom front and rear skirts. Front skirts are bolted to original wheel lips and can be removed if wanted. Modified horn button on the front skirt as the emblem. Rear skirts are custom with fading wheel lips/ The stainless lower skirts are separate pieces(tipped edge), Not just a piece of trim layed over metal.
    • moulded front and rear fenders
    • custom brass taillights contouring the curved decklid corners
    • shaved door handles
    • 1940 ford ribbed trim
    • Lays frame with Hydraulic Suspension. Has 2 vintage Reds pumps and 4 dumps. There are more than your standard amount of coils so it rides like a coil spring car should!! not like a 2 ton truck.
    • Motor is a 1954 331 Chrysler Hemi (not the extended bellhousing). Before i started driving the car i put new rings in the standard bore motor and about a year ago put a set of new 1955 331/354 HP heads on the motor. heads have over size stainless valves, insert spark plug seals, new rocker arm assembles. Has a custom ground Isky cam, hot heads 4bbl intake, Edeldbrock carb and chrome valve covers. Runs perfectly and has never let me down! Never over heats, even in cruise nights idling for hours it never gets over 180*. has aluminum radiator and electric fan in front as well as the stock hemi mechanical fan.
    • Transmission is a late 90s World Class mustang t5 5 speed adapted using a wilcap transmission adapter. has hydraulic throwout bearing
    • Wilwood master cylinders for brakes and clutch
    • 8.8 Ford rear end with a 3.55 Posi
    • 4 link rear
    • mustang ii front suspension with 11" brakes
    • black diamond stitch interior, aftermarket gauges, black faux fur headliner
    • new wheels and wide whitewall tires front and back

I have hundreds of photos of the entire build if you want to see anything specific or have any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask!
    Dm me, email me at [email protected], text or call at 805 801 954one

I can deliver within a reasonable distance and will help assist in shipping throughout country or out of country in anyway I can!

thumbnail_IMG_6044.jpg
    39506628995_03f2a3d741_n.jpg 25531549567_782279ee82_k.jpg Image 144.jpg1.jpg Image 153.jpg
    no front skirts
    thumbnail_image2.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6192.jpg
    thumbnail_image1.png

Here it is in bare metal
    19115881814_748524dcdd_b.jpg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Pufff, vetteguy402, ARNIE and 4 others like this.