Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1939 Wheel Equipment Co. Inc, Indy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redlinetoys, Aug 17, 2013.

1. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Anyone know any history on this company? Wheel Equipment Co. Inc. of Indianapolis, Indiana was found on a web search as a company that was formed in 1939, but that was all I could find.

This brass plaque is large at 4x9 inches. Perhaps the company made manufacturing equipment, or maybe service station equipment? Maybe "Speedway" is a model name? I really have no idea. Nothing is stamped on the plaque.

Regardless, I love it and it is up on the shop wall with the rest of my vintage junk.

Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. stimpy

stimpy

I wonder if that the same wheel equipment co that makes truck parts ( wheels and braking components )

3. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

You might try sending Bubba a message he knows everything about Speedway, IN.

4. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Thanks guys.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. TMSTransport

TMSTransport

You can also send an email to the Speedway historian, Donald Davidson. If there is any connection to the speedway he will know about it.