Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW MERCH!!!!!!

Hey guys... It's that time of the year again and we are introducing some new shirts in the Jalopy Journal store - including our first ever pocket shirt! So, if you are in the need for some new threads go here:
    The Jalopy Journal Store
    Dismiss Notice

1939 GMC COE Project

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Flowmeister, Jun 13, 2014.

1. City: Calgary, Alberta

State: International (Australia, Canada, etc...)
    Price: $2500.
    Life happens and unfortunately it's time to clear a bunch of stuff out including my
    39 COE project.
    This is a Project truck. No engine or transmission included.
    What is included is the cab, which is really complete with all the window frames, regulators, lock and latch mechs, dash, with rebuildable gauges. The only piece of the cab that is missing is one of the access doors on the nose.

The frame is a shortened to 100" 1969 Chevrolet 3/4 ton with a Dana 60 3:54 Maximum Traction diff, mid 80's 3/4 ton front cross member with disc brakes and mid 80's 3.4 ton van steering setup installed.
    I set this up to run a SBC and a standard transmission.
    The engine sits under the cab with only a small center tunnel required for the carb and air intake. The frame needs finish welding done.

The cab is really solid rust wise down low, no patchwork required there at all.
    It was sitting on it's back/passenger side when found, so it does have some rust through in weird spots like the back of the passenger door, and back corner of the cab.
    The truck had a lot of dents and bent/torn metal after 70 or so years.
    I cut off the back panel in order to straighten and re install it, it was the roughest part of the cab.
    The cab has been completely sandblasted and dis assembled.
    My plan was to fabricate a 8' box and build it pickup style. I have a pair of rear 38/39 GMC truck fenders that are included, yup, they are rough, but very hard to find.

The build can be viewed on my build thread.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/my-39-gmc-coe-build-on-hold.698949/

Price is $2500. for the complete project package.
    Buyer arranges shipping.
    Thanks for looking 2012-05-04 22.35.10.jpg 2012-05-04 10.42.41.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Register now to get rid of these ads!