Register now to get rid of these ads!

1939 Ford Standard Coupe - 327 Powered

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Rozzi, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Rozzi

Rozzi

City: Roseville

State: California
    Price: 27,500
    Offered for sale is my 1939 Ford standard coupe. This coupe is interesting as it presents a nice snapshot in history when flathead powered cars were being upgraded to SBCs. Since I've owned it, it was brought back from a car that had been sitting unused since the early 70's to a licensed/registered, driving, stopping car fit for the road. Below is some general information about it, along with some of the major things I have done to it. I'm sure I will miss something in the description below, so interested serious buyers can contact me for more details and/or with any questions.

Stock 39 standard body. The floors are solid, as is the trunk, doors, rockers and fenders. This was a CA car all it's life. The car was repainted "Chevy/GMC White" in the 60's. The original color is unknown.
    1963 327 SBC engine adapted to the stock 39 tranny. This was done in the late 60's.
    Columbia 2-speed rear end. The unit was tested and worked, but I have disconnected it. It will need a vacuum line from the carb run. The coupe without it will handle freeway speeds.
    Stock dash and stock interior, however the seat and door panels appear to have been redone in the late 60's/early 70's.

Since I purchased it, I've invested over $4,000 and a lot of hours into getting it back in shape from it's long slumber. I kept receipts of everything I've done to it.

Some of the more major things to note:
    Licensed/registered with it's original, 1960's CA black plates. (the front license plate and bracket are present, but not mounted) Clean CA title in hand.
    All new Firestone bias plys around (700x16s in the rear, 600x16s in the front) (The car had April of 1968 dated whitewall tires on it when I purchased it that were practically brand new!)
    Powder coated all wheels along with all new US made wheel cylinders and a new US made master cylinder. No "Made in China" parts were used in the brake department.
    New tube shocks in the rear
    New dual exhaust with glasspacks that sound great.
    New Facet Red Top electric fuel pump
    New 16 gallon steel gas tank/sender unit. (same style as stock, just 16 gallons)
    Louvered hood, with matching repaint.
    There was a fist sized dent on the rear, drivers fender that was professionally fixed and repainted.
    Numerous other smaller bits (i.e. hoses, brackets, lines, fluids, etc.) replaced or upgraded.
    The front and rear bumper guards are also present, but not shown in the photos.

The last item on my list to fix, which I will leave up to the new buyer, is the crack in the passenger side window. The window still rolls up and down fine. It hasn't been an issue except for the look.

Overall, if you are looking for a solid, driveable 39 standard that has the look, this one would be hard to beat. The car is located in Roseville, CA, which is near Sacramento. I'm not interested in trades. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Rozzi

Rozzi

More photos and videos available. Price is OBO.

3. Rozzi

Rozzi

Still available. Thanks!

4. Rozzi

Rozzi

I've had a few requests for trades. I'll consider trades up, equal or down, including non-HAMB friendly cars. Not really interested in projects unless they are running/driving and really close to completion. Also, I would want to have the ability to see your trade in person. (i.e. west coast cars)

Register now to get rid of these ads!