Register now to get rid of these ads!

1939 Ford pedal assembly bushings, whoda thunk!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DICK SPADARO, May 26, 2010.

1. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

Ok, here is the low buck tip of the day.

The trap in the store sink needs to be replaced so there's a trip to the hardware store for some replacement parts. After the job is done I have this stub of brass drain trap setting on the counter when I eye ball a 1939 Ford brake pedal bushing being shipped out. Is this a coincidence or what, they are within .003 of the same size. Now I don't have a pedal assembly right now to try an installation but I'm sure some of you enterprising guys can.

Don't beat me up on this but I'm going to double post this on the Ford Barn also.

Attached Files:

bowie likes this.
  2. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

3. Retrorod

Retrorod

I always said that part of every car I build comes from Lowe's, Home Depot or the local Mom & Pop hardware store. This adds credability to my sentiments!!!

Thanks Dick!!!!!

4. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

You know, that's class.

The guy actually sells the bushing... and is setting here telling us how to get one on the cheap or FREE if you happen to save parts from old plumbing projects.

Thanks man, this is the type of thing I remember when I order parts.

bowie likes this.
  5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

My thoughts exactly.

6. alchemy

alchemy

Is the pipe copper? Will it wear the same as the brass bushing did?

7. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Plumbing parts like this are usually brass that has been chromed. (inside is still bare brass) At my local hardware store you can buy nonplated ones as well. I bet it will last quite a while.

8. Plus now next time he needs a plumbing part, he can use Ford stuff, saves a trip.-MIKE:D

alanp561 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  9. DirtyDan

DirtyDan

Well.... he sells them when he has them... Every one is back ordered on these bushings, and nobody knows when they will get more. I found a NOS one and paid dearly for it. If only I knew to look under the sink!

10. moefuzz

moefuzz

Great post Dick!

That's one worth remembering..

11. Rusty

Rusty

nice, the reason the hamb is still great, A man thats sells parts for a living, gets on here and post where to get the parts he sells, for cheaper, you rock Dick!!!! That is sharing knowledge to help us get down the road, thank you

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

x2 on the first class heads up from Dick. This is grass roots hot rodding and remembering his business when we need that hard to find part is only fair play. Thanks Dick!!

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. I know this is a few years old, but has anyone tried it out yet?

14. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

Bringing this up. I gave this a whirl this evening and things look good. A tiny bit of polishing and it should be perfect!

1oldtimer and Hamtown Al like this.
  15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We lost one of our most respected information sources when he passed away a few years ago.

16. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Yes. When I was reading that first post, I thought the same thing. I sure miss his input, as well as Bruce Lancaster, who commented on the thread also.

17. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

And so fitting for the upcoming Tech week.(No pun intended)

ronzmtrwrx and Hamtown Al like this.
  18. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Definitely. I have a set of 39 pedals for my avatar car that need rebuilding. Perfect timing.

19. Never pay auto parts store price for something you can get at the hardware store.